3• Blood is thicker than water.

Adrian was tired that day. That girl, Savannah. She was something else. Had it been any other girl, he would have called the ambulance. But taking her to the hospital himself, that had surprised himself. He was shocked when he found himself clearing the hospital bills. He never spent money haphazardly. Money was everything. And Adrian strongly believed that it wasn't to be wasted.

But those violet eyes.

They begged for something. Adrian could not understand what, and he reciprocated in the only language he knew. The language of money.

And since he had rescheduled with the investors, so he decided to call it a day off. He sighed, first taking the girl to the hospital and then calling a day off. The only two things Adrian Donati would never do.

Sometimes it's easier to let go, son.

Huffing he drove to the Donati Mansion. Family. The one word apart from money he truly understood. The one thing he could kill and die for. But like all families they had their issues.

Families fight, son. But that's the thing about a family. They're all you have. Good times and bad. Poor or rich. You need to share it with someone. Remember that, son.

Adrian was very close to his grandfather. Closer than his brothers, were. Both were shrewd, practical and born leaders. But there was a difference, he loved his wife. Adrian found it irrational to invest money and time in someone, who was going to leave after sometime. Who was going to break your heart jo matter what.

One day wouldn't make a difference now.

He thought as he parked his car in the driveway. The doorman opened the door and just like that the noises became clearer.

"You are pathetic, Lucca, Donati Enterprises was never yours. Never. After all it is mine. I am the eldest child of our father. I deserve it. You don't. So you don't have any say in the decisions of the company."

"True that, brother dearest. But my son Adrain, is the eldest of the Donati. I highly doubt that you would have any problem to accept him as the heir. After all he is the eldest after us. Right, brother."

Adrian piched the bridge of his nose, clearly irritated with the arguments. He wanted some time with his brothers, but this clearly was not happening.

He saw his grandmother, Nikolina Donati, looking at her sons with teary eyes. All the woman ever desired was a happy family and then she would rest in peace. But here they were, not giving a crap about their mother and fighting for what was her late husband's property.

Lorenzo Donati, a self-made billionaire and an singer, Adrian's younger brother, stood at the corner. The man had to endear a lot in his childhood. His father, James had cheated on his mother, for a slut, Samara Kennedy. He stood in a corner looking uninterested. But Adrain knew better than that. He knew how much it was hurting.

Alessio Donati, the youngest man of the family, a college going health freak, stood at the other corner consoling Evangeline, his younger sister, who was crying hysterically seeing her Father and uncle fight. Adrian loved his sister most. No one was going to make his little sister cry. No one.

"Enough.", Adrian said, his voice oozing with dominance.

He walked forward.

"Have all of you lost it? Father, Uncle? Have you all been blinded to such an extent, that you cant see that Gramms is crying."

"Adrian this is a matter between the elders, stay out of it."

"Enough Uncle, you might be one of the board members of the Donati Enterprises, but don't you forget I AM THE CEO, and the main board member. I decide who stays and who doesn't. I am the boss. So before you kill each other for the company, remember that according to Gramms wishes I am the acting CEO, until Gramps will is read. So just let it be, until that day."

"Come on Enzo, Alle and Eve, we are not going to be a part of this mockery."

Even though, they weren't immediate siblings, but Adrian loved them. Nikolina's eyes conveyed a clear thank you, as Adrian left with his brothers and his sister.

He loosened his tie, and popped open his cuffs, and ran a hand through his already disheveled hair, which was perfectly gelled not hours before.

"What got your panties in such a twist, big brother ? You usually let the two of them fight."

"Enzo, not today. This day is just pathetic."

"Adrian anything you wanna tell us?", Alessio asked his eyes full of concern.

"Nothing, A. Just that today a girl-"

Lorenzo interrupted Adrian.

"See, its a girl. Tell me her name big brother. Is she hot? Cute? Or worse my future sister-in-law ?"

Adrian's mind wandered to Savannah.

She certainly would make a perfect wife.

Fiery.
Smart.
Obedient.
Submissive.

As his grey eyes snapped up, he saw a smirking Alessio and a smiling , clearly realising he had traveled to his dreamland.

"What were you saying again?", he asked.

"Nothing big brother. You can freshen up. And I really wanna meet that sweetheart."

Adrian chucked a pillow on Alessio's retreating figure.

As he was unbuttoning his shirt, a distinctive call disturbed his thoughts.
He picked his phone.

"Vanessa. Yes sure. Perfect.
Have got anything back from her yet?
Yes. Set the investors at ten."

Shoving his phone on the bed he smirked.

I am excited to see you kitten. Lets see how your fiesty self can handle this surprise. Let's show you tomorrow exactly how small this world is.

Fate smirked. The both of them had no idea what was in store for them. Both hurt by the loss of loved ones, both bound by pain. Both having zero belief in love, and both having ones they could die for.

Fate smirked at irony. They worked wonders together, this little on and off thing she had with irony, wrecked life or made them. Now they laughed, planning their lives, entangling and making them one.

Till infinity and beyond.

Hello all.
Anothe chapter.
Hope you enjoyed it.
Please dont forget to vote and comment.
Until next time.
Love 💚
Eleanor Wilson.