40• Drunk Mr. Donati [1]

" I love you. All versions of you."

Savannah

Ten minutes after Adrian left, I couldn't control myself anymore. Who was Karen Monroe, and most importantly who was she to Adrian? Not like I cared, but I just wanted to know.

Tell yourself whatever you want Savvy. You know he is the love of your life. And the father of your unborn child.

"Who is she?"

"Who?" Eve asked, hoping I would forget.

"Karen."

"That is not very important, is it? Let's get you some breakfast."

I raise my brows at her.

"You are not going to give up. Are you?"

"Not at all, Eve."

"Fine she was Adrian's ex-girlfriend. She got pregnant, he threatened to destroy her father's business, she didn't believe him, he showed her a demo, she killed the baby. End of story, right?"

"Oh my god."

"Savannah calm down, he would not do that to your baby."

"No. No, no. You stay the hell away from me. You knew damn well what kind of monster he is, but you still wanted to tell him. Why? So he could kill my baby again. You are just like them all, Evangeline. Just like them all. No wonder, Edward and you are not together any more."

I honestly do not know what went into me. But she knew what kind of monster Adrian Donati was, and yet she wanted to tell the man of my pregnancy.

"Oh sweet Savannah, I know you're pregnant. And the only reason I'm not messing the hell out of you now is that I want this baby to be born healthy, and I love you. But you're stepping a line bringing up Eddy and I. And by the way, I slept with Sebastian, not the other way round."

I shut up. It was wrong of me to bring up her past with Edward like that. She clearly is not over it or him. I sigh.

"I know you are paranoid, Savvy, and that is to be blamed on big brother, don't take it out on yourself or the baby or us. You know it's not fair to any one of us."

I nod. She sometimes turns into the most sensible person walking the face of Earth.

"Now get your pregnant ass up the bed and take a bath. We'll have breakfast downstairs."

I nod, pushing the covers off me, and swinging my legs onto the left side of the bed. Being a Donati comes with so much complementary drama.

Well isn't it a good thing you will cease to be one in less than a month!

I love Adrian Donati, but if I have to choose between my husband and my unborn child, I will choose my innocent baby a million times. And nothing I do, or he does, except harm my baby, is going to change that. And for that I have him to thank. I hate him for making me fall for him so bad. Minutes away from him and I'm thinking if he is doing fine, and if he has eaten his breakfast and crap I'm not supposed to give a damn about.