12• Slow dances and jealous Bosses.

Adrian

Her body was plastered to his. It was just a dance. They needn't be that close in it. They didn't need to dance like a fucking we-are-so-deeply-and-madly-in-love-with-each-other couple. The only thing I could see is how his hand rested on her waist and how her hand clutched his shoulders as if her life depended on it. The bar counter was my only means of salvation.

My only means to escape this meaningless, pathetic excuse of a party. The attendant kept refilling my glass with, I fucking don't know what that was, but it did it's job in the best possible way. This thing made me light headed. Not like I didn't have guts before and it suddenly popped out after the drink. It's just that I kinda felt more brave and less conscious about stealing her from Edward.

Stealing? The monster in my head demanded. No shit Sherlock. She is yours. Only and only yours. So I higly doubt claiming something you love is termed as theft. I smirked to my self again.

I walked up to the dancing pair.

"Do you mind if I dance with my date for the evening? Hell I am sure you don't Edward. Do you now?", I asked a clear threat in my voice:

I challenge you to refuse to take her away.

He smirked. Clearly aware where this was going and how he was playing with me.

"I don't Adrian. You can certainly have this dance with your date for this evening. I don't wanna be hung now. Do I?", he said in a calm tone, contradicting my previously annoyed tone.

He let her go as my hand snaked to her waist and I pulled her close. Fucking close. Her petite and soft body touched my hard chest. It sent electricity pumping in my viens. Her shudder verified the same effect on her part. She bit her lips as she very reluctantly placed her hands on my shoulders. I clutched her waist tighter. She was mine and only mine. She wasn't supposed to whore around with my best friend. She gasped and tried to free herself from my tightening grip. Her eyes held tears which were on the brink of spilling.

"Stop. You are hurting me.", she said in a strained tone.

"Really kitten? Last time I checked you were all okay with being locked in Edward's arms. Aren't my arms strong enough? What is not in me that is in him? Huh?!! Answer me kitten.".

I wasn't supposed to behave in such a manner. I know that. But she slapped me. I needed revenge. And by torturing her normally would do me no good. She was different from the other women. She needed to be handled differently. Physical pain doesn't affect as much as mental pain does. I have observed that. And that was my target. To emotionally rupture that wall she has built around her self into shreds. For good. Obviously not hers but mine. I needed her to fall madly and deeply in love with me. And then, I would show her what slapping Adrian Donati meant.

Love. It was not something I believe in. And will never. I have seen couples who 'loved' each other part ways in the worst possible manner. But I never knew that this very word would serve as my revenge. Girls were weak little creatures. A little of I-am-true-gentleman crap and they will have fallen head over heels for you.

She might be different, but she was a female after all. It was insensitive to pull her little brother into my revenge. But until my siblings were safe I did not give a fuck. I realized she hadn't answered to my previous question. And the song was on my side today. It didn't end. I bend to her ears. Rubbing my nose on her cheek in an agonising slow manner and breathing heavily as I trailed my nose.