Epilogue ✔️

"this isn't my final goodbye.
i am coming back. with a bang."

• happy reading •

Four years later...

"Jonathan, Elise, get back here right now. Step away from what you just broke. Don't let the glass pierce your legs, okay? Get back, mommy is coming right away."

Savannah half-screams as she pulls the cake out of the oven and rushes to the room from where she heard a noise. What she sees makes her want to grab her husband and push him off a cliff and pull him back and kiss the brains out of him.

Adrian stands sheepishly as his wife rushes into the room where he, Jon and Lisa knocked a vase down. Her favourite vase.

Savannah blows a hair from the front of her face as anger clouds her features.

"Who did this?"

The three of the musketeers stand in a triangle and point at each other. And seeing the three of them being so cute, all anger vapourises from within her.

"You know Adrian, they are kids, you on the other hand are the CEO and owner of a multimillion dollar company. You should try and be a little more mature at leat for our kids. I mean what are they going to learn from-"

His warm lips encompass hers in a fierce passionate kiss, completely shutting her up, and giving time for the little trouble makers to escape. And she, as if being kissed by him the first time, completely melts into the kiss, her hands grabbing his hair, but her pulls back.

"The kids are here. I'll teach you lesson for talking back to me."

She scoffs, patting him.

"Like I have taught you multiple times. My points are way up higher than yours both in the bedroom and outside Adrian. You should keep up."

She is about to walk out, when he pulls her back, and kisses her neck, giving her ass a firm squeeze completely messing the sense out of her.

"You should too, Mrs. Donati. Now come Edward and Eve are outside, bring the cake for the two goofs."

She smiles and nods asking the maid to sweep the glass pieces and goes to the kitchen to get the cake.

When she goes to the living room and places the cake on the table, she sees Laura and her twins in deep debate.

"Laura, who do you like better? Me or Lisa?"

"Chose me Laura, I am the older one, I have more power. And we both are girls. Momma and Aunt Eve say we stick together, right?"

Laura looks between the confused and starts crying.

"You jackass you made her cry. Make her stop crying." Jon says.

Savannah frowns. Did her four year old son just swear? And that too in front of people?

"That's a bad bad word. Only bad people say. You will never say that again okay, baby? Now who taught you that?"

"Dad and Uncle Ed keep calling each other that."

Evangeline comes and picks up her baby, Laura to make her stop crying, and gives a sympathetic smile at Savannah.

Savannah marches up to her husband and her best friends husband.

"Both of you, no swearing."

"I thought you like it when I swear in bed. Didn't you tell me the other day-"

"Jon just said jackass."

Adrian looks almost proud.

"Atta boy. He has learnt from the very best."

"Adrian, our four year old boy just swore. And all you gotta say is atta boy? Seriously? I mean seriously?"

He places his hands on her waist, a ritual meant to calm her down, as Edward escapes from the husband wife quarrel. Phew.

"I will talk to him, okay? Now calm down. Taking so much stress is not good for anyone's health. Okay, so deep breath."

"I hate yoga, Adrian."

"No, you just hate the yoga instructor cause she keeps hitting on me."

"No, I don't."

"Yes, you do, and before this ends up in a full blown fight, I want to tell you that, it's you. It is always going to be you. And I love you, kitten. Only you. And Jonathan and Elise, but yes, you."

Savannah hugs her husband. He can be so arrogant and ignorant and so caring in a matter of seconds it scares her sometimes.

"Weren't you both, like I don't know, arguing your asses of minutes back?" Eve comes. She always has a timing.

"We were. We aren't now. And language. Jon is swearing, Laura will too if you don't stop."

Savannah places a blue and a pink cake for Jonathan and Elise on two cute tables and they all sing the birthday song and the two troublemakers cut the cakes with plastic knives.

After hours, Evangeline and Savannah sit on the veranda sipping wine.

"So this has actually happened, hasn't it?"

"It has, Eve. It truly has."

They both hold hands.

"Thank you for being there, Savvy. It would never have been possible without you. And Ed told me finally, you gave him the go to propose. Thanks again. I'll add it to the list of the amazing Savannah Donati decisions. My brother still not one of them."

"Edward finally told you, huh. It's fine. I saw the way you looked at him, and I finally thought I can play cupid and shoot little love arrows, no? By the way, thank you too, Eve. It has been hell of a ride."

They smile, as the twins are busy unwrapping their presents and the men are drinking beer. It has actually been one hell of a ride.

If I am ever in a mood, then I might right a bonus chapter where Savannah is in labour. I have always liked the idea of Adrian being clueless and scared.

So, yes folks. This is the end of this book. I may post bonus chapters because I will miss broody Adrian and smart mouthed Savannah.

And most of all you people. See you in the other book, I hope. Love to all of you.

Love,
Elle.