24• Void vows and cheating parents.

~You confuse me for someone with remorse.~
Damon Salvatore, to Elena Gilbert, when she confronts him after Vicky Donnovan's death.

Happy Reading mumpkins💕

Savannah

We checked in through the security check and walked into the section reserved for us. Being a billionaire's wife had several advantages. One of them being private reservations.

We walked deeper and oh my god!

The view was surreal. Vast stretches of blue water. Peace.
Yes. That was the word. Every nook and cranny of this place beheld the virtues of peace and sanity.

A cool breeze hit my face, sending chills down my spine. And in spite of the cold atmosphere, my cheeks felt warm. I turned to look at Adrian. He too seemed bewitched by the beauty of this surreal, and magical place.

I really needed to thank Uncle Lucca for this. This was the best gift, I had ever received in these long fruitless years of my existence. I smiled. Though this wedding was a mere contract, between two extremely opposite personalities, but I was happy.

Happier than ever.  And I hated to admit that, this happiness was a gift from the very man I had mixed feelings for. Not so long ago, he had insulted me and humiliated me in his office and then he had offered me a roof  and protected me from Maria. I did not really know what to feel for this man. He surely was a bundle of contradictions.

And suddenly a face flashed in my mind.

Jack.

Oh my God. I was so busy, enjoying this fake honeymoon that I had forgotten to call my brother. I dug into my purse and brought my phone out, and dialled The Donati Mansion.

"Hello. Nikolina Donati here, may I know who I am speaking to?"

"Hello, Grand ma. Savannah here. Sorry to disturb you, but I was just wondering if Jack is somewhere there. It has been hours since I have spoken to him."

"Oh yes. He is in Alle's room playing dumb charades. (Marse, please go fetch Jackson, he is in Alles's room.) So tell me Savannah dear, how are you? Is my grand son troubling you?"

"I am fine Grandma. How are you? Adrian Yeah! He is fine and certainly not troubling me.", I add looking at The devil with a smirk.

"Hello Savvy. Whats up? How were the dresses I packed for you huh? Did my crazy big brother like it? Did he just you know, when he saw you in those lacy things?", I heard a chirpy voice on the other side of the  line.

"Evangeline. Wait until I get there. I will personally kill you. With my bare hands of course. And no. I hated the 'lacy things' as you so poetically put it. Also, no, he did not do 'you know' when he saw me with them. Cause I never wore them. But I swear, I would be killed."

"Oh shut up Savannah. I can literally hear that thank you oozing out of your voice. By the way where are you?"

"Me? Uh, I am near the ocean. Oh, I remembered. Please thank Uncle Lucca for all these mesmerising arrangements."

"Cut the I-am-so-formal crap. And its dad, not 'Uncle Lucca'. (Hey kiddo. Calm down will you? Here talk to her.)"

"Hello Savannah. How are you? Lorenzo bought me new shoes and a new school bag. You know, I won in dumb charades with Alle. And, Gramms gave me candies so many candies. And I ate a lot of your wedding cake. And I miss you a lot. But I am enjoying here. Without Aunt Maria. But I miss Adrian a lot too.", he babbled cutely.