35• Party all night.

" you're heart is like a drum."
" the hunt has just began."

Savannah

In we walk into the party, Adrian and I. One of his hands comfortably resting on my waist, making circles on the exposed part of my back, sending shivers down my spine. It still remains an unsolvable and a very annoying mystery as to how he manages to multi task so bloody well.

I turn to look at him, and his head snaps to my side and a reassuring grin masks his feature, as he pulls me closer to himself. Which I might add here is physically impossible.

And just as we step in, the flashes if cameras and bright light, blinds me momentarily. The circles on my waist continue, not for once making me feel alone. And I am more than thankful.

"Mr. Donati how do you feel, you are now the sole owner of the Donati Consolidations?"

He smirks.

"How does a person feel, when he is the richest man on the planet? Happy, elated. That's how I feel."

"Mr. Donati, was it easy to convince your brothers to hand over the company to you?"

"My brothers did not give me the company, Ms. Amara. My grand father did. Although, I have no doubts in my mind, that my brothers would give it to me. They and I are from different fields."

"Sir rumours have it that you got married to her, because you wanted the sole ownership of the company. Is it true?"

I tense. Some how this press conference is turning against me. But what Adrian does next literally shakes the foundation below me.

"Yes. I have married 'her' for my company. And she happens to have a name, Savannah Donati. And she is so perfect that, I am falling in love with her."

I am falling in love with her.

"Sir can we have one last picture of the power couple?"

He nods, without meeting my eyes, his hand still wound around my waist, as he turns to smile at the camera, while I completely oblivious to the world around me, look at my husband, who just said in from of the international television, that he was falling in love with me.

He is lying Savannah. He has fucked women like Vanessa. And you are nothing in front of  her. What on earth makes you think he'll chose you over that brunette goddess.

And as if appearing out of my thoughts, Vanessa Luciano, clears the way for us, the paparazzi still screaming for questions and page one cover pictures. But I am too engrossed to give a rats ass.

Just as we reach the main area, a waiter comes with two glasses of golden liquid, I am assuming to be champagne. Adrian takes one and the other I pick.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we welcome you to the Donati Mansion. As all of you here are aware, my son, Adrian Donati, is now the sole owner of the Donati Consolidations, thanks to his undying dedication and my later but loved father, Guiseppe Donati. So let's all take a minute to congratulate the man. To Adrian Donati.", Uncle Lucca says, as he raises his glass.