30• Kidnapped brother and a new start.

Every good plan needs a little bit of luck.
- Patrick Jane, the Mentalist

Savannah

We are just sitting in a van provided by NYPD. Do they not get it is my brother's life at stake. Adria is sitting right beside me, one of his hands wound tightly around my waist, and the other tracking Maria's movements. Yes, tracking her movements, he is handling things personally and I am more than thankful. No one would ever do this for me, except Jackson.

He turns to look at me, rubbing his fingers up and down my back, a indication if some kind that every thing is going to be all right, and that things are going exactly as he has planned. Suddenly a flashing 'Nikolina calling' disturbs me from my thoughts.

"Hello?", I say with a shaky voice, to which Adrkam nods assuring for the millionth time this day that every thing is going to be fine.

"How are things there Savvy?"

"I don't know, Adrian's speaking in a language I can not decipher, and neither do I want to. I just want to know if Jack is going to come home in one pie-"

There goes controlling my tears to the trash can. Adrian tells Nikolina that he will inform her of everything, and disconnects the call.

"Please kitten. You are overly annoying when you cry. I mean if that is for me, I swear no complaints, but that is for Jackson, and I really really mind."

His weirdly cute way of calming me down works, and a little peal of laughter escapes my lips.

"Mr. Donati target approaching 1.1 kilometres east, heading north towards us."

"I don't care, is Jackson safe?"

"No harm to either occupants of the car."

"Good. Is everything set?"

"Yes, I think, sir."

"Captain Slovaki, you might the captain of your PD. If anything happens to my brother-in-law, I will personally make sure that your precinct stands in ruins. So for fucks sake, don't think, be sure. Go."

"I didn't know you could do that? I mean he is the captain and all right?"

"Oh there are one of the perks of being rich, and influential."

"Would you actually do that?"

"I am surprised you are even asking. I'd make him run in hello kitty undies in front of the press if I could."

"God I don't even want to know how you stumbled upon that little fact."

"One of my women , worked in every concerned PD as the secretary."

"Your women ?"

"Yes. My women, whom I pay to these kind of stuff. Who work under me. But do not stop on my account. I like to see you jealous even under such circumstances."

I shake my head and chuckle. I can from the corner of my look at him wince every time he over excerts his injured hand. And all I can feel is guilty.

"Shut up. And listen I am sorry, for calling you what I did. It was stupid. But can you blame me? You were so bitchy. Little did I know it was because of Maria."

"I am sorry too. I shouldn't have blamed the whole kiss thing on you. And I certainly should not have acted like it was all you. But I think I won."

"Really? Against me? I really doubt that kitten. But I'd love an explanation."

"You said sorry first. I mean the Adrian Donati , the CEO of the Donati Consolidation, apologising first. I mean that is a show."