4• And they meet again.

Savannah

I was standing on the road for God knows how long. No treacherous cab passed by me. Yes, you heard right. Cab. Maria thought if I wouldn't be late if I used a cab. She could not at all take it if I was late. She particularly stressed on the fact that she was okay if I died after giving my interview. However I did not understand, how it would help. I would not be there to get the money. However I never pointed it out. Maria can be moody sometimes. No all the time.

The cab drivers wouldn't stop. Probably because I looked like a woman who couldn't afford myself a morsel. True but I should not look that bad. I mean I have to have some impression. I am going for a job interview. A damning interview for Pete's sake.

My watch showed 8:20 A.M
Oh my fucking god. I checked my phone, which was a broken device which allowed me to take calls and messages, it showed the exact same time.

Donati Enterprises , was an hour from the road she stood on. I am so fucked up. I wonder how Maria expected me to reach on time when I washed clothes this morning. I took a deep breath in.

Everything was going to be just fine.

Luckily a cab stopped by and agreed to drop me to Donati Enterprises. From the mirror I saw the driver staring at me like I was an alien from another world. It suddenly made me self conscious. I took out a broken mirror from my bag and looked at my face.

Fine right?

Crap.

There were bruises on my right cheek. All thanks to Aunt Maria. And the worst part, I did not have a concealer, nor the money to buy one. Now I was going to get a shit load of sympathy from Adrian Donati.

Mamma, save me from embarrassment. Please.

I immediately tugged on the weak band which held my straight hair together and brought some strands to cover my cheek. That should hide most of it.

"Thats seven dollars madam.", the driver said as he stopped the cab in front of the magnificent building, The Donati Enterprises.

" Thank you sir.", I said as I paid him the amount he had asked.

It was 9:15. I was late. I ran into the building like a possessed woman, earning stares and glares from the richly dressed people.

How does she manage to walk with those heels!

"Savannah Greene. A meeting with Mr. Donati, for the post of his personal assistant.", I said panting to the sweet looking receptionist.

"Yea, Miss Grenne. I presume I had told you to be here by eight thirty sharp?"

"Right. I am truly sorry. I didn't find a cab-"

"Just for future reference Miss.Greene , Mr. Donati, hates to be kept waiting. Run, twenty fifth floor. His office is the only one there."
She handed me a wierd looking visitors card and directed me to the lift.

Adrian

"Adrian, she is on her way."