Chapter 14 One Happy Thanksgiving and A World Torn Apart pt. 1

Hunter’s POV

I awoke to the most beautiful woman sleeping beside of me. Her blond hair was tossed over the pillow, making it look as if she had a halo. I leaned over and kissed her forhead. She still smelled of buttercream icing, from the cupcakes we made last night. Speaking of last night, it was fun. After being away from the kids for a couple of days, Maisy and I decided to let them try to pull an all-nighter. It was funny to watch as their little bodies tired out. They would fall in and out of sleep, jumping around when they were wide awake. We made cupcakes and watched Despicable Me, until both Annabelle and Jackson fell asleep. After they were both asleep, Maisy and I carried them up to their beds, then we decided to hit ours as well.

“What do you think you’re doing Mr. Hayes?” Maisy asked, more like she was mumbling.

“Can’t I watch my beautiful wife sleep?” I asked back with a laugh.

She threw out a hand, nudging my arm. The warmth of her touch xhilarated me. I smiled as I looked into her beautiful brown eyes.

“You can go back to sleep if you want.” I said, rubbing my hand up and down her arm. “I will go down and start the coffee.”

“Wait, what day is it?” Maisy asked, slowly rubbing her eyes.

“Um…its Thursday.” I replied back. I was starting to get confused.

“No, the actual date?” She asked, quickly sitting up.

I glanced down at my phone, then looked back over at her.

“It’s the 28th.” I said. It hit both of us at the same time. It was Thanksgiving day. It was 9:30 in the morning on Thanksgiving day, and we didn’t have anything ready for the dinner yet. Both my parents and her parents were coming over. We hadn’t even been to the grocery store yet. This was going to be a long day. We both shot up out of bed, pulling on clothes and checking our hair. I threw a ball cap on my head and we ran over to wake Annabelle and Jackson. They both refused to wake up, so we dressed them while they were still half asleep.

“Daddy, why do we have to go to the store?” Annabelle asked in a whiney voice.We were pulling into a parking lot of the only grocery store that was open on Thanksgiving day.

“Because sweetie, its Thanksgiving and we are supposed to be throwing a huge dinner party tonight.” I explained. “But we have no food at the house.”

“Did you forget again Daddy?” she asked.

Maisy and I both looked at each other and tried not to laugh. We had both forgotten. It was going to be a long day. Grocery shopping didn’t take as long as I thought it was going to. We went in, got the ham plus other groceries and then got out. Of course, we couldn’t get out of there without promising Annabelle and Jackson something so we told them they could help us make cookies for the big dinner. After we got home and put the ham in the oven, we put the kids down for a nap.

“Uggh, who knew Thanksgiving could be this stressful?” Maisy asked as she flopped down on our bed. “Why did we have to be the only couple in Nashville to forget an important holiday?”

I laughed as I laid down beside of her.

“Everything will be fine.” I told her. “Mom and Dad are bringing food over too. We’re definitely not going to go hungry.”

“I just don’t want it to look like we didn’t make an effort.” Maisy said.

“Relax babe, we’ve got a ham, cookies, and even the stuffing. “ I said. “Last year’s Thanksgiving went amazing, and we hit it off with everyone.”

I started to kiss her neck, and she laughed and tried to push me off.

“What?” I asked.

“Lets not right now, ok?” Maisy said as she sat up on the bed. “The kids are still napping, and there’s no telling when one of them could walk in on us.”

I sighed and leaned back against a pillow.

Maisy’s POV

I couldn’t believe he was thinking about sex at a time like this. I know it’s been a while since I have let him touch me, ok its been more than a while. Things are a whole lot different when he’s out on tour. I always feel alone when he’s gone. He’s the only man I had ever been with. I refuse to tell him what happened. I refuse to let him know that I am hiding something so horrible from him, that would kill him.

*sorry for such a short chapter guys, but I have had writers block since the last chapter. But I have just came up with a fantastic idea. Whoooooo :) Plan to make part 2 amHayesing