Chapter 22 The Nursery

Maisy's POV

I smiled as Annabelle giggled looking at all the swatches for paint. We were picking out the color for Aisy's nursery. Of course we were either going to go with a soft pink, not to girly or a lavander.

"Now remember baby, we don't want Barbie pink." I reminded her. Almost everything pink that Annabelle owned was Barbie pink, which was fine. Barbie pink suited her, but we wanted a different color for Aisy.

I smiled as she pointed to a lavander color.

"That's pretty." I told her. "I think Aisy would like it, don't you?"

Annabelle nodded in response. I held out my hand to her and said, "Come on, lets go show Daddy and Jackson the color so we can pick out her bedding for the crib."

We walked through the store until we found Hunter and Jackson over at the video games.

"Hey." Hunter said, a smile forming on his face. "Did you two finally decide on a color?"

I nodded and showed him the swatch, pointing to the lavander color.

"We both agree on this one. And I think it would be pretty if we put some pink sparkly butterflies on the walls." I explained.

I was in full baby mode, minus the baby. It had been two weeks since Aisy was born, and she was still in the hospital. I knew it was going to take time for her body to catch up, since she was born two months early but I wanted my baby home. Hunter wanted her home too. He wrapped his arm around my waist as we watched Annabelle and Jackson start to play some Mario game on the Wii.

"I like the color as well, but I think we should get a move on to the actualy baby store." Hunter said. "I have a feeling fans are starting to notice."

I laughed when I caught a teenage girl staring wide-eyed at us, and then she squealed when she ran off. Hunter's fan's were too cute and they never got annoying. But sometimes there were just too many of them in one single place, and it was hard to get him away. He always wanted to make time for everyone. We quickly bought the paint we wanted and then headed over to Toys R Us. They had a huge baby selection in their store, plus it was a place to keep the kids occupied.

Annabelle oohed and ahhhed whenever she seen a crib bedding set that matched the lavander paint with butterflies on it.

"You like that one, huh?" Hunter asked our five year old. She nodded and tried to reach to pull it off the shelf. "Here, let me help ya."

Hunter pulled it down and handed it to her. He was interested in helping pick out everything, but he just seemed off. I know he was worried about Aisy, we all were. We were waiting for that phone call from the doctor to say that we could bring her home.

"Mommy, Mommy can we get this one?" Annabelle asked running over to me.

I look at the bedding set with her and then say, "Well, it does match the color and it does have butterflies. Oh, I am sure she will love it."

We put the bedding set in the cart and then walk over to the diapers. Oh geez, how were we supposed to shop for diapers for a preemie baby? I would have to talk to the hospital about that one. It's obvious she isn't going to be able to fit into newborn size right away.

The day went by too fast, but we got everything we needed for Aisy's room. Hunter and I decided to have a little decorating party that night. We wanted to paint the room while Annabelle and Jackson were asleep, knowing they would get wild with the paint if they got their hands on it. We promised them they could put the stickers on the walls and help put toys in the room. They were satisfied with that promise.

I shivered as I felt something cold and wet hit the back of my neck. I brushed my hand over it and when I looked at my palm, there was purple paint. I turned around to find Hunter acting like he was still painting the wall he'd been working on for over an hour. So...he wanted to start a paint war??? I was game. I slowly walked over to him.

"Your side looks nice." I said, my paintbrush hiding behind my back.

He smiles that perfect smirk showing off a dimple in his cheek.

"Thanks, your side looks good too." He replied.

"Thank you so much for helping me decorate the nursery. I really appreciate it." I said.

"Aww, baby its no trouble at all." Hunter replied. Awwww, he was falling for it. I leaned in to kiss him, and when our lips almost met, that's when I did it. I pulled my paint brush out and wiped it across his face. Hunter Easton Hayes, country music heartthrob now had a hudge lavander smudge on his face. He laughed and soon enough we both had paint all over us. Painting was not our thing, we probably acted more like kids than Annabelle and Jackson would have. After we finished our little war, we finished the walls and went to take a shower. Aisy's room was now finished except for the toys and clothes. She was going to be in for a suprise when she got to come home.

*Surprise Merry Christmas :) A Little Left Behind is no longer in hiatus :)