Chapter 23 Anniversary/Wedding

This chapter is dedicated to the amazing @ally_hayniac. Thank you so much for writing me the beautiful proposal and I hope you don't mind me including it as a memory in here :) ya'll should go check out her stories they are amazing.

Hunter's POV

Today was September the fifth, Maisy and I have been married for five years. Five years, oh I can't believe it. And we have been together even longer than that. I smiled as I watched her blonde hair blow with the breeze as we sat on the front porch swing. Annabelle, Jackson and Aisy were still asleep so we decided to take our coffee outside. It was a beautiful day in Nashville, perfect for celebrating an anniversary.

"I miss this." Maisy said as she pushed a string of hair behind her ear. "Being able to sit here with you in the quiet."

I watched as a smile formed on her face. I loved every single detail about her. I love the way her eyes squint up whenever she first walks out into the sun, I love her laugh, and I love her beautiful smile.

"I know we promised each other we weren't going to do gifts this year." I began, "But I couldn't help myself."

I grabbed hold of her hand. "Maisy, it's been five years. I still can't believe that you've put up with my stubborn ass for all this time. Gosh, where did I go right?"

"You went right the day you walked into that mall and handed Annabelle over to me." She said with a laugh. "You also went right the day you proposed to me on that ferris wheel and the day you slid that gold band onto my finger."

I looked down at her hand, smiling when I spotted her wedding band and engagement ring. I remember that day in Hawaii, when we flew my mom and dad, her mom and dad, and my bandmates out not letting them know what was going on. Well, Sam knew what was going on of course.

*Flashback to Hawaii. Five years ago.*

I watched as Maisy and Annabelle played on the king sized bed. Everytime Annabelle wasn't paying attention, Maisy would slowly sneak up on her and yell "Tickle Monster!" and then start tickling her. This was our first day in Hawaii and we had planned to go out and spend most of our time on the beach. I walked over to the bed and sat down, joining a still giggling Annabelle and Maisy. After a few minutes, Maisy laid down and placed her hand over her big baby bump. She was seven months pregnant (with Jackson. remember, this is a flashback) I laid down beside of her.

"Have you talked to Sam again?" Maisy asked as Annabelle climbed up in between us. "Did he say he got the dresses and the tux?"

I nodded saying, "He made sure to grab all three. I can't believe we're getting married tomorrow."

It was time...time for me to finally settle down. I thought I had been settled ever since the day I met Maisy, but I knew I wouldn't feel fully settled until after I put that ring on her finger. I watched as Annabelle placed both her hands on Maisy's stomach. She would leave them there for a minute and then take them off quickly and giggle.

"Is he kicking, Annabelle?" Maisy asked, gently tapping Annabelle's nose with her index finger.

"Yeah." Annabelle replied.

Annabelle was about to be two in four months. Her personality formed more and more each day, and she never let her smile fade.

"Are you ready to go out to the beach?" I asked Maisy. She was still in her pajamas.

"Let me go change clothes. Can you get Annabelle into her bathingsuit?" She asked me.

Could I get her into her bathingsuit? I helped Maisy up off the bed, and then she grabbed a light blue maternity shirt with a pair of blue jean shorts. I walked over to the Annabelle's duffle bag, and pulled out her one piece Hello Kitty bathingsuit.