Chapter 14 One Happy Thanksgiving and A World Torn Apart pt.2

Maisy’s POV

I made an excuse to go take a shower. I couldn’t be around him when my memories were rushing back to me like this. He would ask a million questions and then I would have to tell him. I would have to tell him how I was hurt. I let the tears fall down as I turned the water on in the shower. I sobbed as I let the water fall down my body.

*flashback to one year ago*

“Give me your hand!” the guy demanded.

I screamed as he grabbed hold of my arm an pulled me into the allyway quickly.

“How could you do this to me?” the guy asked. “Your eyes were on me the whole entire night. I saw you watching me in the bar. I don’t even know your name, but you give me this feeling.”

 I shaking. He pushed me up against the brick wall.

“Tell me your name sweetheart.” He said softly, running his index finger up and down my cheekbone. “It will make things more easier.”

“Ma….Ma…Maisy.” I mumbled. A tear fell down my face.

“Ahhhh, Maisy. My name is Derek.” Derek said. “Well now that we are properly introduced, we should get right to the show.”

He slid me down to the cold hard concrete and forced me onto my back. I tried to scream as his hand went up my leg underneath my dress, but he forced his other hand over my mouth.

“Hush now, there’s no need to scream like that.” Derek said. “Let me assure you, this will be the most enjoyable night of your life. Not even that husband of yours can give you what I am about to give you.”

After rubbing my leg a couple of more times, he then slid his pants off and had his way with me. All I could do was cry.

*End of Flashback*

As I opened my eyes, my hands were all pruny and the room was steamy. I had probably been in the shower for thirty minutes or more without even realizing it. I heard the bathroom door open and close so I quickly turned the water off.

“Maisy, whats going on?” Hunter asked. “Are you ok? You’ve been in here for half an hour.”

I wrapped a towel around my body and opened the glass door.

“Baby, what’s going on?” Hunter asked as he put both both of his hands on my face. “You know you can tell me anything. That’s what I am here for. Is it all this holiday stress?”

I nodded after he said holiday stress. I wasn’t going to give him any other ideas. Of course rape wouldn’t become and idea. Nobody knew about the rape except for me. I was so scared he would hurt Hunter or the kids if anyone found out, that I decided it was best not to go to the police.

“How about you go lay back in the bed and get some rest.” Hunter said after kissing my forehead. “I will take care of the kids and the ham.”

Hunter helped me get changed into some pajamas, then he tucked me into bed. As  I drifted off to sleep, I thought of him, Annabelle, and Jackson. I thought of a life they would have if I wasn’t with them anymore. What if Derek would have killed me after he raped me? What would Hunter do if he got the news that I was dead? More than likely he would drop his singing career and stay home with the kids until he got back on his feet.

I felt like I was asleep for hours when I felt someone plop down on the bed beside of me.

“Is Mommy ok?” I heard a voice ask. It was Jackson. He curled up beside of me.