Chapter 1:First Encounter

Hello, everyone... This is the first chapter of Misconceptions...

Please ignore typos and grammatical errors... Happy reading...

_________________________

A press conference was going on in a conference room of a hotel. It is the introduction of the youngest political leader Mr. Arjun Mehra to the world. There are lots of praises to the father of Arjun as how he helped the needy and how he uplifted the backward areas of his constituency. The manager of Arjun gave him his speech paper so that he will not forget any single thing to attract the voters to his party. Arjun who is very new to this arena kept quiet and accepted every single praise and also abuses. Politics is meant to have supporters and opposition, so people should be ready to face praises as well as abuses. The only thing running in his mind is to bring the party founded by his grandfather to the same position that it was earlier.

Now Arjun was asked to address the meeting by the host. He made his way to the microphone and was about to start to his speech when he heard a loud laugh from another side of the room. He heard the laughter because the room is eerie silent that time. When he got to see the person who caused this disturbance, he was bowled by her beauty. Hazel eyes, pixie hair cut and the laugh that can mesmerise anyone. He didn't understand the reason for her laugh. He signalled his manager about the same. The reporter who caused this dreadful disturbance composed herself and gave her full attention to the speech of new found politician of the constituency.

After his speech and giving every oath of how he's going to tackle the issues of his constituency, Arjun stepped out of the room and made his way to the party office. On his way, he thought only about this reporter who filled his mind from the moment he laid his eyes on her. But why was she laughing? Did she find him funny? No!!He was not funny. He was famous for his beauty in his university. All the girls followed him for his one look, but he didn't lift their spirits because he wants to be loyal to his wife. Now the only thing occupied his mind is "Why and why did she laugh at me?"He informed his manager to fix a meeting with the reporter at the earliest possible. "Now he'll definitely know what her problem is" he thought to himself and smirked by imagining the frightful face of the reporter. But poor fellow didn't know what's gonna hit him is not some fearful girl but an intimidating person as himself. The manager sent his message to the reporter's office that a meeting is to be fixed between the reporter and Arjun owing to the mishap she has caused in the conference.

After the reporter reached her office with the entire recording of not-so-interesting news according to her, she got a surprise in the form of praises in the office. Is this real or is she dreaming of praises that are being showered on her? Whatever may be the reason, why is she getting a special treatment when she did nothing but a blunder in the conference? Oh!! How can she explain anyone about why she laughed out loud in the conference? She didn't mean to disturb anyone but it happened at the nick of the moment. Her boss knows that she is allergic to politicians and their never ending speeches, even then he chose her as the reporter who has to cover this politician introduction to the world. She knew that there is no way he's gonna accept her rejection in this matter as all the other reporters are busy in their individual projects. So she gave up on the idea of rejecting and went to the conference along with her close confidante Hitesh who is camera person in the same media office. The reporters were given clear instructions not to ask any controversial questions to the Prince of the Political party. She very well knew if she ever opens her mouth, the only questions that come out of it will be controversial and she didn't want to become part of any scandal and so she kept listening to the songs by plugging on her earphones. But when the Prince of the party was about to start his speech, the song that played in her ears made her laugh hard. The song is 'D K Bose' from the movie 'Delhi Belly' and the lines 'Daddy mujse bola tu galti hai meri' made her laugh even harder. She composed herself after some time and acted as if she was concentrating on the speech of some bloody politician. After the speech, the Prince left the conference room as if all the others in the room were vermin and only he is human. She made her way to her office along with Hitesh to submit their hard work to their boss. Now she's being praised. Oh!! Why??