Chapter 26: The confessions.

Salaam everyone. How are you all? So it's been a long time I have updated this book. I am extremely sorry for that, but you know I am having problems with my laptop and typing on mobile is tougher when I think to type long chapters. So this one will be small, I guess. So please excuse me for that. Not proof-read.

Happy reading.

~~~~~
Chapter 26: The confessions.

~~~~~

Dedicated to: 007rossy  Happy birthday Rossy di, I know I have promised you an OS, I will fulfill that promise too, but before that take this as starter. ❤
~~~~~
After talking with Arjun, Sweta silently left the room and informed Radhika that her presence is needed in her bedroom. Radhika took small steps so as to delay her confession but her mother is taking none of that and pushed her into the room. She didn't understand that her mother is her friend or her enemy?!

Radhika entered the room as if she is entering a lion's den, which in fact is, because the one who is going to burn today under Arjun's wrath is she and not her enemy. God help her!

'Arjun?'

When she didn't get any response from him, she began her confession before she loses her courage.
'Arjun! I know you hate me right now. But I had some reasons not to reveal my true identity to you or to Pawan. I was afraid, Arjun. I was afraid that somehow the people who tried to kill us earlier would do the same if we were to reveal ourselves at that moment. You may ask, how come we dared ourselves to reveal now? Because I trust you now. Yes, it's the truth I didn't trust you earlier or any politician for that matter. But Arjun, trust me, I know my fear to not trust you is baseless after I come to realise that under the cold exterior still lies the boy who was my friend, my confidant and my saviour even when he is not there. I needed some space to get to know you, that's it. I was burnt earlier because of a politician family, that was my fear all these days. I am confiding in you now. Please speak something, Arjun!' pleaded Radhika seeing Arjun is moving out of the room without giving any reply.

'I promised to Ma that I will listen to you. I didn't promise her that I will answer to any of your questions. Now I have done the listening part, I am moving out so as to give you some space that you need the most from me. Now, if you please excuse me, I hear Pawan's voice outside the door.

Before she could retort to his cold language or ask any other questions, he was out of the door.

"So much for a confession." Thought Radhika.

Outside the room, it is another matter altogether. Sweta left the hall to kitchen leaving Hitesh and Vikas for the explanations they have to give to Pawan.

'Why would we explain anything to him?' asked Hitesh.

'Aren't you the ones who brought me here and put me in this delicate situation? Now face the consequences.' huffed Sweta and left the hall.

She is not going to take the pain of explaining everything to Pawan once again. And she is not so strong to see her another son cry in front of her. Better leave it in the capable hands of Hitesh and Vikas, they are managing a great news channel, after all.

'Why did we bring her here if she is not going to explain anything to Pawan or Arjun?' asked confused Hitesh.

'She is taking her revenge, brother. I don't know how many tactics she will take before her revenge completes.' said Vikas and gulped nervously.

"A mother who is in revenge mode is really dangerous." Vikas understood this now.

Vikas and Hitesh finished the story whatever they could to Pawan by finishing off each other's sentences. By the time they finished their recital Pawan is glowering at them as if he didn't see such people in his entire life. And now, add to the mix came another glowering and grumpy person, Arjun. Their fate is really good that day.

Sweta came out of the kitchen holding a tray with only three plates, out of which she gave two to Arjun and Pawan and the remaining plate to herself. By this time Radhika came out of the room to watch the scene. Now she also got to know the dangerous mode of her mother.

The trio is watching them with wide mouths and the other trio is eating the dish on their plates as if they were hungry for eternity and they will not get the food anywhere in the future.

'What?' asked Sweta with mouthful of her Nash's favourite dish.

'Aren't we going to get something to eat too?' asked Vikas, the eternal bukkad.

'Nope.' answered Sweta.

'What?' asked Hitesh this time.

'No, you are not getting any of your favorite dishes for a while.' said Sweta and resumed her eating.

'But why?' asked a confused Hitesh.

'You are such an intelligent person and I am so poor in the intelligence. Can't you decipher the reason for yourself?' taunted Sweta. 'And if you think you belong to the same category as mine, then I will take pity and will answer your question. The reason is..... You made my Arjun and Pawan angry.' finished Sweta without once stopping her eating session.

'Says the woman who can make Saints curse with all the profanities one can think and not talk about.' muttered Vikas.

'What did you say now?' asked an enraged Sweta.

'Nothing Ma, you can continue your eating.' chimed in Hitesh.

'You shut up. Whyever would you say that line now, Vikas?'

'Because I was thinking to use that line for a while and I didn't get a chance. Now I got that I used it, that's it.' answered Vikas with a non-chalant shrug and got a kick of television remote from other side of the room which was thrown by Sweta.

'Do not act like your daughter now.' reprimanded Hitesh.

'How dare you both? I am not going to cook anything for you trio for three months.' said Sweta in final decision.

She is simmering with rage right now and the guys thought to let her be, for now.

Hitesh and Vikas turned towards Radhika who stood like a mute spectator all this while and gave her a looks of didn't-you-feed-them-with-good-food and please-maatha-cook-some-food-for-us.

She raised her shoulders as if to say you-know-me and glared at the duo who are eating her mother's cooked food whole-heartedly. She is not going to get food from her mother, it seemed and so she thought to make herself useful and made her way to kitchen. She made some instant noodles to sate their hunger till the food they have ordered is delivered.

"So much for a confession, really." Thought Radhika again and sighed heavily.

If this is what she is going to get for a confession, she's never gonna confide anything to Arjun, ever again.
~~~~~
End of twenty-sixth chapter. As usual, give your love for this book through your votes and comments. Next chapter will take time to update as my exams are fast approaching.

Till next time, Sayonara.