Chapter 13: What in the Sam Hill?

Salaam everyone... How are you all?? Sorry for the late update, but this time I have a very bad reason... I was suffering from Rickettsial fever and was hospitalised for 4 days... And after that follow-up appointment kept me busy... So here is the next chapter of Misconceptions... I don't know when I will update next, sorry about that too...

Happy reading...

~~~~~~

Pic credit: MysteriousGianna Thank you so much, Di for the beautiful cover. You said it all about the story with a single line 'Love will find you'.

~~~~~~

After the minister and his wife left the farm house, it is now Arjun and Pawan's turn to become the object of Radhika's ire. Arjun and Pawan were still in the same mode that is pissed off mode with the minister and his wife and failed to see the expression on Radhika's face. They turned their heads back and got to see Radhika in full-on fighter mode.

'What?' asked Arjun.

'You are asking me "what"?' asked Radhika air quoting 'what'.

'I don't understand why you are so pissed off. I thought you will be happy because your mission is accomplished. Or wait!! Did you think to do something more and we sent them off before your mission is completed?'

'Forget it.' Said Radhika and tried to move from there but Arjun is not going to allow her to escape now before he got his answers.

She cannot dodge his questions always, all right.

'You cannot always leave me hanging for answers. Answer me, right now.'

'You are ordering me?' asked Radhika pointing her left-hand index finger towards her.

'When did I order you? I'm asking for answers and you were the one who is always on silent mode. Didn't I ask you what were you going to do with the minister and his wife? You were so over-excited and didn't share your plan. Now you are sulking like a kid because your plan is not implemented to full extent.' Said Arjun with a resigned sigh.

What is he going to do with this lovely wife of his?

'Now you are blaming me. And I'm not sulking like a kid. I'm going to erupt like a volcano. What did you think when you invited that Cartoon Minister from your cabinet? You are part of that cabinet, so you bear him. Why did you drag me in the middle? And you will get punishment for this not-so-lovely idea.' Said Radhika with an evil smile.

'Punishment? Doll!! You can't be serious.' Said perplexed Arjun.

Pawan who was dead (not in the literal sense) all this while came alive when he heard the word 'punishment.' Arjun is going to get punishment, so he will be safe from whatever punishment Radhika planned for him because the plan is not his. And he even tried to stop Arjun, didn't he? If Radhika asks for any explanations, he will say the same thing and escape the punishment. But his ears perked up when Arjun called her 'Doll'; like seriously, didn't his friend get any other endearment? How can he call her a doll? By the way which doll he is referring to? Not the Barbie, of course, Barbie is too cute to even compare her with Radhika. Maybe he referred her to an evil doll with two horns on her head. Ah!! That very well provides the apt explanation. He should give his friend the credit he deserves after all this punishment drama is over. Coming out of his thoughts, he asked out loud...

'Doll?'

Radhika who heard this slapped her forehead because of the foolishness of her husband. Can't he just seal his mouth? Now, this stupid Mr. Spoon got to know her nickname. He will tease them to world's end from now on. What must be he thinking when he heard 'Doll'? Why should his ears be so sharp to even grasp that small word? Okay then, even if he heard that, can't he just leave it and let them live peacefully already? What should she answer him now? Should she say--No, no, that is not doll; you heard it all wrong when it is some other thing that rhymes to doll- like what? Tall? What on earth? From where do these all ideas popping in her head? Tall, like seriously, does it even rhyme with doll? Should she take pronunciation classes again? Ughh!! Why can't her mind work in such matters? Before she comes up with a brilliant retort that can shut Pawan's mouth, Arjun took over and said...