Chapter 24: The Punishment

Salaam everyone... How are you all?? Here is the next chapter of misconceptions...

Happy reading...

~~~~~

Hitesh wandered around the corridor escaping Vikas and Pawan who are laughing to their heart's content whenever they find him. Traitors. Both of them. They are laughing as if Radhika has never ever made fool out of them. God only save him from the idiot fellows he has got as his brothers and sister. What is Radhika thinking to say such words aloud? What will happen to his reputation of being an Ice King? He, most definitely, does not want to get shackled right now. There are still so many things he has to achieve. If he thinks back what he has to achieve, he was unable to remember anything. Did all the things in his list were fulfilled? Now no one can save him from Radhika. That girl will surely get him married now. Hitesh was thinking all this with a sad face and did not see the commotion that is happening outside the hospital.

Vikas and Pawan were searching Hitesh in the entire corridor and found him at a corner where he is sulking and his face is so sad that Pawan wanted to apologise for laughing at him. But Vikas, who knew all the tricks of Hitesh did not budge and is seeing him with his shrewd eyes.

'What? Don't you think you should say sorry to me too?' asked Hitesh.

'Not when I know in which direction your mind is working.' Said Vikas and smirked seeing the fallen face of Hitesh.

Hitesh now understood why people cry when their life-long friends are in the vicinity. These are the perks of having a friend who knew you inside out. Hitesh facepalmed himself for ever opening his mouth in the hospital room. If he did not open his mouth, his sister would have smashed Arjun to pieces. Poor fellow! He has already suffered so many injuries. And Hitesh thought why to add more injuries to Arjun and opened his mouth only to get his leg pulled by his one and only sister.

The trio made their way to the waiting room when Hitesh saw that an apology is not coming from Vikas only to be stopped by the duty doctor who is running towards them as if he is participating in a marathon. He took several minutes to calm his breath and spoke in a manner that appeared to be a movie in fast forward motion.

'What did you just say?' asked Vikas when he didn't understand a thing.

The doctor watched him as if he sprouted two horns and said he is going to jump in the Arabian Sea for a swim.

'What? We did not understand a thing what you said, that's why he is asking.' Said Pawan who is as annoyed as Vikas at the moment.

'There is a commotion outside the hospital asking for the health condition of the Chief Minister.' Said the doctor.

'Oh!!!' said the trio in a casual manner but faced each other when the words dawned on them.

Commotion! Media. Information. Oh! Holy Hell! Media reached the hospital already. – thought the trio and sprung into action by thanking the doctor and dragging him with them to the room where Arjun is kept.

They stopped in their tracks when they saw Arjun and Radhika are sleeping. But there is no time to sleep right now, they have to formulate a plan and that should be loophole-free. They woke up both Arjun and Radhika who made grumpy sounds but did not scold anyone seeing their tense faces.

'What happened?' asked Radhika.

'Media is here.' Answered Vikas.

'Haan, so?' said Radhika and trailed off when she understood what that meant.

Their enemies should not know that Arjun is out of danger or else they will plan another attack. Before any of this happens, they have to nail their opponents.