Chapter 28: The Reconciliations

Salaam everyone. How are you all?? Here is the next chapter, enjoy and happy reading.

~~~~~

Chapter 28: The Reconciliations

~~~~~

Radhika never could think of a happy moment she had in these recent years. Sure, she had been happy when she was with her brothers and mother but that didn't equal to the happiness, if stated correctly, the ecstasy she felt right then. She is in the arms of her love and the misunderstandings or misconceptions, whatever they are, are none between them. And she doesn't want this happy bubble to break anytime sooner. But the fate is a cruel witch when happiness to any person is concerned. Their doorbell rang and she reluctantly woke up to answer the door but was held back by her husband who is holding her waist and not letting her go. She sighed and threw her head back down on the pillow.

'You know, it is a bad manners to make people stand in the doorway, right?'

"Hmm..." was what she got as her answer.

'Arjun, don't be a bad boy when you are supposed to be a good boy. Let me wake up and see who it is at the door.'

'For this once, I want to be a bad boy. Let them wait for a while, Doll. They will leave on their own.' mumbled Arjun hiding his head in the crook of Radhika'd shoulder.

If this is how he is going to behave every time they made love, she is definitely up for a problem. The man is lazy as hell as it is, now this workout will give him a reason not to lift his head even to drink water. She sighed and rolled off the bed before he could even start to make a protest and quickly dressed up to receive the visitors at her door. By the time she finished dressing and made Arjun wake up to get dressed, she already had 30 missed calls from Hitesh and Vikas. And add to that is the incessant knocking that appears not to stop anytime sooner. She made her way to the door before kicking Arjun one last time to wake him up from the chair where he is lounging lazily with his mouth half open.

"Typical Arjun." She thought and opened the door only to be shoved off from the doorway and bombarded with questions she never thought she would be subjected to. The first one being "Did Arjun harm you?", that too coming from Vikas, it was proved quite a shocker for her. As if Arjun can harm her, ever. She rolled her eyes heavenwards asking for patience to deal with her protective brothers.

'I will kick you off from my property if you do not stop screaming and asking my wife absurd questions.' said Arjun emphasizing the word wife and also in a domineering manner that the guys had to shut their mouths but only to open them wide open seeing the appearance of their sister and brother-in-law.

They both are mushed up as if they are rolling in hay but they thought that it is not hay they are rolling, rather it was something else that they should not voice aloud, what with being bachelors and all.

Both the guys grinned looking at Arjun and turned to look Radhika who is looking anywhere but at them.

Seeing that the guys are not going to stop gazing at her as if she had committed a crime, she looked at them and said,

'Oh! Do stop gazing at me as if I have committed a crime or something, it is perfectly acceptable for a husband and wife to have some sort of romance.' said Radhika and turned towards entrance when she heard laughing from none other than her mother and Pawan.

'So I see my daughter and son-in-law have reconciled.' said Sweta with a twinkle in her eyes. She was waiting for this moment so that all can return to normal in their lives.

Arjun and Radhika regarded her with same amusement in their eyes but got scowls from Hitesh and Vikas, who are still grumbling of not getting their favourite dishes from her from a week. Sweta sighed and thought they will never change. By God's grace, she got two of her children married but didn't understand how the others are going to get married if the only thoughts that cross their mind are food and business.

She scowled back at them and walked towards Arjun and Radhika to engulf them in a bear hug. They needed it as much she needed the hug from them. The last few days they had been in such seriousness she thought the frown lines will be etched on her face. Thankfully, the blubbering idiots had made good out of the situation and saved her from making her rattle anymore.

She just have to look after the other three as of now and make them understand that the mistake has been with the circumstances not with the people involved. She has realized it a bit earlier but kept mum so as to see how the situation unfolded. If she saw that the situation has gone out of her hand at any point, she would have raised her voice against it. She sighed contentedly when she saw Arjun and Radhika'd eyes smiled when they looked at each other. She thought she will cry but kept a straight face and glowered at the other three who are regarding each other with scathing looks of their own.

"I wonder how they even got acquainted with such looks on their faces." She thought and used her way of words to ease the scene that is going to blow-off any time now.

'So, as our lovers have reconciled themselves, I see no reason why you three should have to quarrel among yourselves. And so...' said Sweta and after taking a considerate pause, she continued much to the displeasure going on the guys' faces, 'why don't you kiss your cheeks and call it a truce.' she said with a mischievous grin on her face.

It took a couple of minutes for the guys to understand what Sweta was hinting at as they were still in the daze of wild fury, Pawan especially for being betrayed by the closest of his friends.

Hitesh was the first one to recover and replied Sweta with a wink stating he understood what she meant. She didn't want any misunderstandings among them either. So he moved a pace and patted Pawan on his back calling it a truce but only got scowl from Pawan who came back to his senses.

'See Ma! I think he wants us to kiss him, after all. He seems not to like manly reconciliation.' said Hitesh and moved forward a bit.

'Stop it, you silly goose! I don't want any kiss, especially from you.' said Pawan and took a step backwards.

'I am not a silly goose, you are a frightened rabbit. You are acting as if I am going to accost you.' said Hitesh rolling his eyes.

'I wonder how you are going to get married if you have an aversion to kisses.' mused Vikas.

'Oh, shut up both of you! I don't have aversion to the kisses' said Pawan, 'that is, if they have come from my future wife, you dunderhead. It's just I don't want to be kissed from the likes of you.' amended Pawan quickly so that they can never tease him on this matter.

'You do want to get married then?' asked Arjun.

'Of course, what type of question is that?' said Pawan and bit his tongue. Of course, Arjun will ask him this question, he boasted that he will never get married in front of him, after all. Now he knew he will be attacked not only from his enemies turned friends, who turned to enemies again till a few moments ago but also from Arjun. His life is doomed if this continued. He was looking for a escape from them which came in the form of a voice from the door.

'I see all got quite well in my absence.' said the voice.

Arjun and Pawan turned with happy expressions on their faces whereas Sweta and Radhika paled listening to the voice.

"This just can't be happening." Is the last thought both had before the person moved in to take a seat in the living room.

~~~~~

End of the twenty-eighth chapter. If I go at this rate, I am not sure when I am going to end this book. God help me with the energy that is required for that.

And of course, I will not leave before asking who the person might be, correct? Yes, you are. And so, who is the person, I ask you.

Next why are Sweta and Radhika not happy with the person?

The last segment of the book has started officially and tighten up your belts for that.

Accha, I don't remember who asked me for more bromance, but I do hope it is up to the mark. *Fingers crossed*
~~~~~

Wish you all a happy and prosperous new year in advance and please do leave your reviews and votes on this chapter as new year gift for me.

Love you all, have a great day.

Till next time, Sayonara.