Chapter 19: A glimpse of the past

Salaam everyone... How are you all?? Here is the next chapter...

Happy Reading...

~~~~~

After the chotu king whose name is Akash has gone out to play, Vikas and Arjun turned towards Radhika who is inching away towards the door. But the guys are quicker than her this time and held her so that there is no escape from the room.

'I think you both have so many questions.' Asked Radhika smiling sheepishly.

'We do.' Said Arjun and Vikas.

'So I don't get a leave from this questionnaire?'

'Nope.' Said Arjun and held her tight when he felt she is pulling away.

'But you both can leave me, you know. Why did you hold me as if I am going to run somewhere? And Arjun, at the end of the day I have to our home, why to hold me tight when you know my destination is you.' said Radhika coyly.

If Arjun took her bait, he didn't show it on his face. But her words brought renewed energy and so he held her more tightly this time.

Radhika got to see these guys are not going to leave her with her sweet words, so she switched to her age old tactic that is emotional blackmail.

'You guys are hurting me holding me this tight.' Hissed Radhika.

But the lads are more determined this time, they held her but loosened their hold so that she doesn't feel like she is sandwiched between two giants.

Vikas is the one who left her hand and turned to her first seeing her struggling. He will leave the fighting session to her husband, first, he has to appreciate her for taking a stand for Arjun. He knows his sister very well; she doesn't take stand for anyone just like that. This means she is ready to forgive Arjun for whatever he has done to her in the childhood. Or she has already forgiven him. Radhika's mother will be so happy to hear this progress in their relationship. He is just waiting for the right time to introduce her to Arjun. He will be so happy to see his godmother alive. Maybe he should leave the introductions to Radhika. Why is he such a mess when it comes to his personal life! He hugged Radhika for a long time and left the place to sort out his thoughts. He should talk to his mentor or else he will go raving mad.

After Vikas left the room, Arjun took Radhika in his arms and made sure she is for real. How come he become so lucky to have her in his life!

'Why?' asked Arjun after a long time still keeping Radhika in his embrace.

'Because I can do anything and everything for you, Arjun.' Said Radhika cupping his right cheek.

Arjun stiffened listening to the words of Radhika. Those are the same words spoken by his childhood friend. Why should there be so many similarities between the two of them? Why cannot he forget the moments he shared with Ayushi? Why cannot he forget what all he endured to reach this position in his life?

Radhika saw Arjun lost in his thoughts. She very well knows what he is thinking now.

"Sorry, Arjun! But I cannot let you murder all our childhood memories just like that. Ayushi was; is and will always be part of our lives. I need you to find her real soon. I cannot keep my feelings at bay for very long. Please, Aristotle! Find your Tweety sooner rather than later so that I can confess my feelings constructively to you real soon." Thought Radhika looking at Arjun whilst he is lost in his thoughts.

'I know, Doll.' Said Arjun coming out of his thoughts.

He kissed her on her forehead and came out of the room only to be encountered with a bunch of kids who are jumping up and down seeing Arjun and Radhika.