Chapter 23: Fear

Salaam everyone. How are you all?? About time I showed up my face even if it is a short update. So here I am.

Happy reading.

~~~~~

Dedicated to: @Sweetymitu

~~~~~
It was one of those days when Ayushi was not at her best and say she is vulnerable to fight as she is in one of the most difficult parts of the month. Seeing her weak posture on the ground, her fellow classmate came up to her and started his usual taunting saying she is head strong because her father is the secretary of a powerful politician. But she gave him a deaf ear as she is not in a position either to slash him verbally or physically. So she sat silent thinking she will get a chance very soon for doing the both things she thought earlier. But Pawan who is passing by the ground to the library heard this conversation and came up to the scene only to see Ayushi hunching over her shoulders and the bully is taunting her. Pawan gave Ayushi his sister's place. He cannot just go away when his sister is being bullied or taunted. She is tying rakhi for him for her protection, right? So he jumped into the scene only to see the person who is taunting Ayushi to back away from him. If he thought he can escape, then there is another thing coming from Pawan. Pawan dragged him to the corner of the playground and said in a very respectable way that not to disturb his sister again or else the consequences will not be nice. Ayushi maybe a girl, she has the strength to defend herself and she would have given him the dose of whatever he needed if she is in perfect condition. But no, the guy has to abuse her only when he saw when she is sitting all by herself and mulling over her weakness. Saying this Pawan left the boy to his own devices and went to help Ayushi for reaching home. He didn't take any arguments saying she is fine and all. So she accepted reluctantly saying he has complete all her pending works. Pawan smiled when she is blabbering like an idiot but kept quiet saying he will do all her works and more of the future works too. Ayushi who is enjoying his pampering didn't say a word when he very carefully let her to the car and get into that. After seeing off Ayushi to the home, he went back to his class.

The same evening when Pawan came back Ayushi is no where to be seen. When he asked his mother who is in kitchen, she said she is sleeping and her mother is with Arjun's mother in the living room. So he made a mad dash to the living room only to see both mothers laughing at some lame joke. Here his sister is suffering and these mothers are laughing like nothing happened to her. And so for the first time in his life, be screamed at both of them saying his sister is sick and she should be taken care of and they are laughing here. If they didn't take care of Ayushi, he will do that. Saying this he was about to leave the place, but turned back when Sweta called him. Then she explained that Ayushi is not sick but it is very natural for the girls of her age to be sick sometimes in a month. It is easy for some of them but difficult to most of them. When he asked about what the disease is that makes girls sick, both the mothers laughed to their hearts content and said it is not a disease but a natural thing that makes girls to know about their puberty. Pawan made a face that he understood everything where in he didn't understand a bit of what they are saying. So Sweta went on to explain the process of adoscelents reaching their puberty and by the end of it, he was red faced and ran from there saying he has some home work to do. Both the mothers laughed again seeing his retreating form. They know it will take him some time to sync the information to hi mind, so they resumed their talks of the upcoming charity event that is being hosted by them.

Pawan was unable to face Ayushi after that fateful day which Ayushi found to be bizarre and went to him to get the clarification on the matter which Pawan dodged easily saying he is fine and left the place saying he has some work in library. If Ayushi found his behavior odd, she didn't give it a thought consoling herself by saying Pawan is always like this when it came to studies. So she left for her class.