Chapter 32: The Aftermath

Salaam everyone. How are you all? Here is the next chapter of Misconceptions.

Happy reading.

~~~~~

Chapter 32: The Aftermath.

~~~~~

Arjun could not believe what he had heard. His father murdered his mother! How can a person do such thing to a person like his mother? He knew their relationship is not what he thought of but he also thought their relationship is unique and tried to implement in his life. Now it seems that their relationship is all a farce and it was so dangerous that his father plotted and killed his mother!

Where did that leave him? He has the same genes in his body. Did he become the same thing as his father when he wanted revenge from a reporter not so long ago for laughing at him? Even though that meeting did not turn as he expected, he still would have been responsible if something had happened to her or she is not as brave as Radhika to handle any situation.

Is he really worthy of Radhika now that he knew his family's history? Will she accept him after knowing what his father had done to his mother? Sure, he cannot live without her, but that doesn't mean he will compel her to stay with him if she wants to leave him for his father's sins. But he knew her better than that. His wife will not leave him for anything in the world. They made such a pact not to leave each other in their happiness, now that there are dark clouds on their heads doesn't mean she will leave him for his fate. If she ever got a sniff of his thoughts, she would take a very great pleasure in kicking him to oblivion.

Now no one can believe him that he is doing everything to bring some good to the society. Everyone will think that he is doing all this so as to relieve himself from the money his sinful father had accumulated. What good did he get after pausing his business in London? Nothing. Probably this is his lesson. No one should enter into politics without learning betrayal. What should he do now? This news will become the toast of the state within few hours. Will he be able to look in another person's eye and see himself as a good leader? Will he be able to see himself as worthy person to carry on whatever he had started to improvise the society? He does not have a doubt that his panel of ministers and MLA's will look him with disdain like it is his fault that his father had committed a grievous sin and punishable offence.

He should not have come to India even after what Pawan has told him. This legacy should not have come in to existence if not for Pawan getting a position in the party and swiftly informing him about the action to be performed. Why did he listen to him then? He wanted to find some peace in his own country after all the crazy events happened in his life. And then, he cannot count all these as his curses, surely. He would not have found Radhika, his love of life; Sweta Ma, Vikas, Hitesh and Pawan if he didn't make a decision of coming to India. They are his only family now.

Why is he magnifying all that had happened and trying to put them in a bad light! Didn't he learn something from everything that had happened? He got to see the true faces of many people whom he thought to be God once. He got to know that there is very much bad in every person as there is good. Why is he forgetting that there is silver lining to every cloud! He should get himself out of these gloomy thoughts and stop pitying himself for something he had not done, at all. What will he get if he wallow in his self misery? Absolutely nothing. He should get his head straight and make the people who have ruthlessly taken his mother's life to pity themselves for ever showing their filthy faces again. Yes! That's what he will do. Even though his image will get damaged after this scandal, he holds the power and he will do everything in his power to get the people convicted for their crimes.

Before doing that, he had to sort his personal life. Pawan is standing as still as a statue after the conversation between Radhika and Mr. Mehra. Why should he even call that killer as his father? He has got absolutely no reason to do that. What should he do now to pull Pawan from wherever he is? Is he reliving the accident? He knew that Pawan arrived to the mansion late after his work and by the time Pawan has reached the mansion, it was in ashes. He was then taken in the same orphanage which was run by Vikas's father. Pawan did not know that time who was being  so gracious to him. Only few days ago when Radhika said the truth, he got to know. Even though he didn't say anything, Arjun knew that Pawan was grateful to Vikas and his family for whatever they did to him. If not for them, Pawan would have been on streets with no funds and nowhere to go. They are in debt to Vikas's family more than they ever thought.