Chapter 5

(A/N) Before I start: I want to give credit to the idea of going into the psyche of a character to nightflystars! Thanks again for letting me use this idea! Now a quick key:

When dialogue is in bold, it is amplified and easy for anyone in a mile radius to hear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blackbird's POV

Finally after a week or so, I got to go on my first mission as a part of the Young Justice team. Well, mission is an exaggeration. We were doing a training simulation. Martian Manhunter was to go into our minds and place us in an alternate reality where situations would be drastic. 

As we entered the simulation, we were placed smack dab in an Armageddon. The Justice League was dying... dying... dead. 

Aliens were attacking, and their tech could disintegrate people into oblivion, and that was the fate of the entire League. We were the new Justice League. I didn't speak a word throughout the mission. My father had been one of the first to be killed. Bruce... What if Robin was next? Artemis? Red Arrow? Everyone I cared for was dying. I couldn't stop it...

Time Skip

We were at Superman's fortress of solitude. We were able to take down the ships, and Superboy and my brother went to dislodge the main weapon from the ship, with help from Miss Martian.

As it was coming off, a smaller beam almost hit Superboy, but wolf jumped in the way and saved his life. It was all just a simulation, so nobody cared all too much. Afterwards, we were running back towards our ship as two new ships came back. I finally spoke up.

"GO! I'LL SLOW THEM DOWN!" I ordered as everyone went. I took a deep breath and started to attempt to manipulate time around the ship.

FREEZE! I yelled in my mind, hand out at the beam - attempting to freeze the beam's time, but nothing happened.

"WHAT!?! BUT MY POWERS!?" I yelled asking myself, giving a worried look back to the team. I shook it off and went for a second attempt, but as I turned my vision, I saw the white beam approaching me, and knew this was it.

I gave one final look back to my team, giving Robin a small smile... I heard Miss Martian yell as I vanished into the whiteness.

"TIA!!!!!!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I woke up I was in a strange place. There were black towers stretching out around me, and the sky was tinted a crimson red.

"Where am I?" I spoke. I was shocked to hear my voice echo around me, like it was bouncing off invisible walls.

"Woah." I thought. I took notice of my surroundings. I was surrounded by a black smoke, about 10 feet tall, so I couldn't see over it, nor through it, but it wasn't that high. I laughed, thinking that the smoke was like a hedge maze.

As I giggled to myself listening to the echos, the smoke parted to allow a pathway to walk through, beckoning me to follow it. A sense of trust filled me and I made my decision.

"Follow the path opened my the mysterious smoke... Why not?!" I shouted, giggling, as I sprinted down the path, noticing as it shut behind me.

I smiled and went even faster.

3rd POV

Martian Manhunter finally got everyone out of the simulation, except for Blackbird. The team decided since she'd been in a coma the longest, she just wasn't strong enough yet to wake, so they gave her an hour before they became worried.