#MGDCConfessionsAndPromises

|Glaiza|

It was already four in the morning, but I remained awake. I couldn't stop myself from looking at the woman sleeping peacefully beside me and I had to reign the sudden throb of desire that made my blood heat up in seconds.

We pretty much spent our days making love non-stop and more than once I was astounded at the fact she was a quick study and that she was a born sensualist. After a bout of marathon sex, I was usually tired. But not this time. I felt recharged, amped.

Christ sakes! Get a grip! She needs to sleep. I told myself angrily.

I sighed and carefully left the bed. I left the confines of the bedroom and made my way out of the cottage, towards the beach. I needed to walk ... to clear my head, put things back in perspective.

Rhian was changing a vital part of me. I had no idea why being around her made me feel so relaxed and almost carefree. I cannot understand why. I never enjoyed myself this much with anyone before ... not even with Solenn ... and not with ... her. I was too driven, too intense in my business dealings in the past to do so.

When we were on the motorcycle this morning, I was so excruciatingly aroused with her tightly hugging and pressing her body at my back.

More than once I was tempted to make a quick stop and sate myself.

But even without the sex, surprisingly, I was having fun with her. I was ... happy. I was happy just by being with her, playing tourists, doing mundane things. I had already forgotten the last time I ever felt that way or if I had ever done so in the past five years.

For so long I let myself be immune to feelings, immune to flimsy emotions. Yet the thought of losing her left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Pinili kong maupo sa buhanginan, just a few steps away from the sea. Nakapagtatakang kalmado ang dagat, taliwas sa sarisaring emosyon na nararamdaman ko. Hindi pa lubos na sumisikat ang araw at tanging liwanag ng buwan at mangilan ngilang bituin lang ang tumatanglaw sa madilim na paligid.

I glance at the ring on my left hand. It was an exquisitely beautiful gold band with a few diamonds on both sides. Sa loob ay nakaukit ang pangalan naming dalawa ni Rhian, together with the date of our wedding.

I was surprised when she held my hand after we had dinner last night and put on a ring on my finger. She said it's unfair that she wore a wedding ring while I don't have any on my finger, so she took care of it for me. Bahagya pa kong natawa dahil wala akong ideya na big deal pala sa kanya ang hindi ko pagkakaroon ng wedding ring. But regardless of that, I was more than happy having her ring on my finger. It's nice to have a symbol of my vow and commitment to her. Kung kailan at paano nya naaccomplished na magpagawa ng singsing ng hindi ko namamalayan ay isa pa ding palaisipan sa'kin.

My wife is definitely my jack of all trades, master of everything. She made me happy in a million ways.

A few weeks ago, when she admitted that she loved me, I was pretty much stunned. I don't know what to say so I chose to teased her instead. I'm not sure about my feelings for her yet, there's a lot of things to consider. And I'm dead scared that if I open my heart again, I might lose myself in the process ... again. Natatakot akong hindi ko na ulit mabawi ang sarili ko katulad ng dati. But nevertheless, I don't wanna lose her. I wanted her to stay in my life ... hopefully forever, even if the word sucks and I don't believe in it.

I know there's no such thing as forever but one thing's for sure, there's always an exception to the rule. Minsan ko nang hinayaang tadhana ang magpasya para sa'kin, so this time I'm making my own destiny. And I'm choosing Rhian to be a part of it. And we're gonna be happy, together with our future kids.