Sniper x Reader {2}

It was a beautiful day outside. The sun was shining down on the hot state of New Mexico. It was on days like these that people were meant to be outside. However, one lone camper van drove on the road out of Teufort.

"Where are we even going?" Asked the girl in the passenger's seat.

"I already told you to the (RED/BLU) base, (Y/N)!" The driver reiterated, not taking his eyes off the road. "It isn't that far from here now."

"Okay, but why is it so far away?" (Y/N) asked, looking out the window. She glanced back at the man and grinned. "You aren't trying to kill your girlfriend and hide the body, are you?"

"Wh-what?!" The Australian man stammered. "Of course not! We've been together for a year now! You know I wouldn't -"

"It was a joke, Sniper. I'm sure you wouldn't do that...I think..." Sniper chuckled and quickly made a right turn.

"I wouldn't do that, but I can't guarantee the others won't." They laughed and Sniper began to pull up into a field that was by a building with a single red/blue strip traveling around it. "We're here!"

Sniper and (Y/N) stepped out of the van and began to walk towards the building, noticing that most of the mercenaries already inside. They all looked up from what they were doing and watched as Sniper and (Y/N) walked over to them.

"Why don't cha wankers stop starin' and let me introduce ya to the girl," Sniper said. He turned to (Y/N) and grinned. "I bet they're already plannin' on killing ya," he whispered in her ear. (Y/N) slightly pushed him away.

"Not funny," was all she said. Sniper smiled and turned back to the mercenaries.

"Alright, mates. This is (Y/N), my girlfriend. (Y/N), these are the mercs." The mercenaries introduced themselves to (Y/N), who just smiled and waved in return.

"Does leetle girl want to play poker?" Heavy asked. Sniper looked back at (Y/N), who was nodding.

"I would love to, Heavy," she said. She took Sniper's hand and began to tug at his arm. "Come on, you're joining us."

Hours passed and so did many poker games. Eventually, the Demoman had passed out, drunk, on the table, the Engineer had left to work on his sentries, and Heavy, Sniper, and (Y/N) were the only ones left at the table.

Sniper took a quick glance at his watched and then looked back at (Y/N). He stood up from his seat. (Y/N) and Heavy looked up at him, confused. "Is something wrong?" Heavy asked.

"Yeah, is there? Or is it time to leave..."

Sniper smiled and held his hand out to her. "Hey, I got something cool to show ya." He turned to Heavy and quickly apologized. Then, he took (Y/N)'s hand. She smiled. "Let's go."

Sniper took (Y/N) outside of the base and onto the battlefield he and the others fought in daily. (Y/N)'s eyes widened as she looked curiously at her surroundings. She had heard so much of her boyfriend's battles, but never saw the place with her own eyes.

"This place is huge..." She muttered. "You guys fight here everyday?"

"Well, not everyday," Sniper said, still leading her across the battlefield. "This is just one of the bases. This one 'ere is called Gold Rush, but I haven't seen any gold yet. And you think this place is huge? Well this is only part of it. The other half was taken by the BLUs, so we're stuck in this area for now." Sniper looked up at the blue sky to see part of the sky turn orange while the rest became darker. "Ah, piss. Come on, (Y/N). We gotta hurry!"