TF2 x Child!Reader Part 2

One day passed. Then another. Then another day passed and the (RED/BLU) team was no closer to finding (Y/N) than they were when she first disappeared. Every night they searched through possible bases she could be held at, however, none of them were the right ones and their search ended with them being gunned down by the other team. The men would return home to see the dull Smissmas decorations, which would constantly remind them about (Y/N). They had to find her...

(Y/N) awoke to the sound of talking outside of her door. She slowly sat up, stretched her arms and yawned. After taking one look at her bedroom, she plopped back into bed. Tired, she shut her eyes and hoped to fall asleep, but to no avail. The talking began to fade into the distance, so (Y/N) tried again, but it was still of no use. Aggravated, the little girl opened her eyes and sat up in her bed. "I might as well get up," she said to herself. "I really don't want to, though..." She stepped out of her bed and glanced at the clock. It was 8 AM. Her uncles wouldn't normally be at work at this time. She opened her bedroom door and looked outside. There was no one there. She began walking to the kitchen area. Perhaps her uncles were making her breakfast? However, the kitchen was empty. Strange, (Y/N) thought. Where could they be?

"Uncle Doe? Uncle Jeremy? Anybody?" She called out. (Y/N) expected them to immediately rush over to her like they always did, but nobody came. "Anybody...? Hello...?" (Y/N) noticed water blurring her vision and she soon found herself wiping away the tears. "I'll find them! Don't worry!" she reassured herself.

(Y/N) began to walk aimlessly around the base. It was strange. She never knew there were so many places she hadn't yet explored at this vacation home. She could have sworn she had explored all the rooms.

After spending fifteen minutes of searching rooms, (Y/N) made it to the very last room of the base. It was located near the back of the base and (Y/N) would have missed it if she hadn't seen a slight smear of red paint leading to the door. (Y/N) walked over to the door and pressed her ear against it. On the other side of the door, she heard several voices discussing something that she couldn't make out. (Y/N) opened the door, but none of her uncles noticed. They all had their backs to her and was looking down at a map on a table.

"They only have five more bases to go to before they might try here:," the (RED/BLU) Engineer said. He pointed to five dots on the map. "Badlands, Granary, Process, Well, and Standin. When they don't find her there, they'll suspect something. We have to do this trade sometime soon."

"Smissmas is tomorrow," the (RED/BLU) Demoman pointed out. "That might be the best time to do this. They'll want her back for the holidays." The (RED/BLU) Spy shook his head.

"But at this rate, we won't have until tomorrow. They go through several bases a day! We're going to have to do something to slow them down..."

"Slow who down, Uncle Spy?" The men gasped and turned around to face the little girl behind them. Their shocked expression drew laughter from her. "Why do you all look like that?" She asked. "You look like you saw a ghost!" The (RED/BLU) Heavy walked over to (Y/N) and kneeled down to reach her size. He looked in the eyes and began to talk to her.

"What is leetle girl doing here?" he asked.

"I was trying to find you all! I don't want to play hide and seek this early in the morning!" (Y/N) responded. Heavy sighed.

"Leetle girl, you shouldn't be here. We are working now. Go back to your room and play with leetle dollies, da?" (Y/N) looked around at her uncles. They all had a serious expression on their face. She looked back at the (RED/BLU) Heavy and nodded.

"Okay, Uncle Mikhail," she said. Heavy nodded back to her and stood back up. He escorted her to her room before returning with his team.

(Y/N) sat on her bed and picked up her small stuffed bunny, Mr.Cottontail, that the (RED/BLU) Heavy had given her the day before. She moved its arms around for a while until she felt her eyes closing. She let herself fall down onto the bed and held her bunny close to her. Her eyes shut and finally, she fell back asleep.