Sniper & Reader

Australia

It was a perfect day for a fistfight at Aussie Elementary School. During recess, all you could see were children with mustaches and Australia shaped chest hair beating each other to a pulp.

RRRIP!

JAW SOCK!

BAM!

POW!

Even the teachers were fighting each other. But as the chaos ensued, a little boy was hiding in a tree, clinging on for dear life. Mundy.

With a small bag full of rocks, Mundy would pelt anyone who dared to come close to him with them, always managing to hit them square in the head. Every day he would come up to the same tree and hide until it was time to go inside.

One day, Mundy was hiding in the trees when he noticed the fights were a bit more intense this time around. A large crowd had gathered around the big bully of the class and everyone cheered for him as loud as he could. Mundy couldn't possibly care less. He was used to seeing some poor bloke fighting with the bully.

"Help! Someone please!" Odd. No one ever called for help during these fights. These kids would die before they even thought about asking for help.

Looking down at the fight, Mundy could see the poor bloke fighting the class brute was just a scrawny little boy getting beaten to a bloody pulp. None of the teachers seemed to even here the kid with all of the shouting and fighting going on. Mundy grabbed a handful of rocks and began flinging them at the children before, causing the mob to erupt into chaos.

"Quick! Up here!" Mundy called out.

Immediately, the kid rushed towards the tree, pushing past the screaming children and flying rocks. When he arrived at the tree, Mundy helped him up and the two sat together. Not long after, the playground went back to the usual fistfights. After a moment of silence, the beat-up kid finally spoke up.

"H-hey. T-thanks for saving me. I thought I was gonna die."

"Ah, it's nothin', mate. Us scrawny boys need to stick together. I don't think I've ever seen ya around here before. What's your name?"

"O-Oliver. Oliver (L/N)." "Ah, well it's noice to meet ya, Oliver. I'm Mundy."

"Nice to meet you, Mundy. You wouldn't mind if I stayed up here with you for a bit, would ya? I don't think Jaxon would take me being down there too kindly."

"Why not? I've been getting a little bored up here alone anyway." The two boys smiled and continued to talk over the sound of the fistfights below. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"And that, darling, is how I met your Uncle Mundy, (Y/N)." Now fully grown, Mundy and Oliver were sitting in Oliver's living room. On the ground in front of them was a little girl, (Y/N), holding on tight to her favorite plushie.

"You really were a hero, Uncle Mundy!" (Y/N) proclaimed.

"A hero? Me? Nah. I don't think so," Mundy responded. "If I was a hero, I'd need my superhero cape." (Y/N) gasped.

"That's right! I'll be right back I'll go get one!" And with that, the little girl rushed to her bedroom. Oliver and Mundy laughed.

"She's adorable, Oli."

"She is indeed. She'll be turning six next weekend."

"Six already? Where did all the bloody time go?" "I can hardly believe it either. It seems like almost yesterday I was just holding her in my arms. Anyway, how's the hunting business going?"