{21} Exactly, I Feel Paralyzed

Kyra's POV

We made it to the animal clinic. We put Scott down on the counter then I sat down next to Derek.

I heard my phone ring and it was from Stiles. I declined it and then I went to my gallery and saw a picture of us from the ice rink.

Derek asked, "You miss him, huh?"

I replied after I sighed, "Yea, but like you said, falling in with a human is just going to make things worse."

"I mean, that's my opinion, not yours. I just don't want the same thing happen to you." Derek said

I asked, "How come we can't be normal, you know?"

"We're supernatural, nothing is ever normal." Derek replied then I asked, "What is love, Derek?"

Derek chuckled then said, "You're asking the wrong person."

"No, I'm not. Because I remembered that when we were little you were a loving person. In my opinion, you still are, under that lifeless heart, you are still a loving person. I just think you're too scared to fall in love again, or to feel that way too." I said turning my head looking at him

"You're scared too, aren't you?" Derek asked

I replied, "Yea, I am. I don't want the same thing happening to me, what my parents went through, their love story, falling apart from the beginning, I don't want that. But the thing is, Derek, Stiles, he just makes me feel like there's nothing to be scared about. That I could be happy, even with dark clouds over me."

"He makes you feel human?" Derek said

I responded, "Yea, Stiles makes me believe that there's still hope."

"Hope?" Derek asked

I replied, "Hope to find a cure. Maybe if I find it, I could be human with Stiles. What if I was human, you know?"

"True, just so you know, I like Stiles for you." Derek said

I furrowed my eyebrows and asked, "Really, why?"

"Because he is like the guy version of you, when we were kids. You guys are a good pair." Derek said

I said, "We make a good team too."

"Yea, I guess we make a pretty good team." Derek said

I asked, "Can I ask you something?"

Derek nodded his head then I said, "Did you know about Kyla and Isaac?"

"I thought she told you." Derek replied

"I thought about a lot of things." I said then Derek said, "Like?"

"Disappearing." I said then Derek looked at me asking, "What do you mean?"

"I might leave again. Leave Beacon Hills, after all of this is over." I said

Derek ask, "Why?"

"Because I just think, if I disappear, everything would be back to normal." I said and continued, "Besides, most of this is my fault. I let my sister get turned into a hybrid. I made the hit list of the Argents. My mom still has a restraining order against me. My sister is lying to me about her current relationship. I'm crushing on a human. And that's not even the worst part. The worst part is that I got his dad fired because he was helping me out by letting me stay at his house with Stiles."

"You just don't want to see him because you think it's going to be your fault if something happens to him." Derek said

I replied, "Cause every time, I'm around him, I feel like I'm going to lose control."