{24} Answers

Kyra's POV

I felt my throat heal as we walked out going to the front desk standing side by side I looked at Scott with Matt holding the gun behind us.

Scott said, "Mom."

Melissa replied walking towards us after she sighed in relief, "Scott, you scared me. Where is everyone?"

Melissa looked at Matt behind us, Scott said, "Mom, just do what he says, he promised he wouldn't hurt you."

Matt said making Scott and I turn around, "He's right."

Then he shot Scott, I went to the ground in front of Scott as his mom screamed.

Sheriff called out, "Kyra! Scott! Stiles! What happened?"

I put my hand over his hand that was covering his wound.

We both looked up at Matt as he said, "But I didn't say I wouldn't hurt you."

I replied, "What about me? Aren't you going to shoot me too?"

"Thinking about it." Matt replied then Melissa started walking up towards us then Matt started yelling telling Melissa to back up

Matt ordered Scott to get up so I helped him stand up as Sheriff was calling out for us.

We all walked to where Sheriff was as Matt locked the cell where Melissa was in.

Melissa said, "Please, he needs to see a doctor."

"You really think so." Matt said then Sheriff said, "Hey! Hey! You listen to me!"

Scott replied, "It's alright. I'm okay."

"No honey, you're not okay." Melissa said tearing up

Scott said, "It doesn't hurt Mom."

Melissa replied, "That's the adrenaline, okay. Please, just let me take a look at him. I can help stop the bleeding."

"They have no idea, do they?" Matt asked

I said to Scott quietly, "Scott, focus, okay? Just focus, believe it's working. Believe you're healing."

Melissa said, "Please, just let me take a quick look at him."

"Shut up! Just shut up! If you keep on talking, the next bullet will be in his head." Matt replied then continued, "Back to the room, McCall, and Kyra."

I looked at Scott and put his arm around my shoulders, Matt said, "After you."

We went back into the room and I removed his arm around my shoulders, Scott said as we both turned around looking at Matt, "The evidence is gone. Why don't you go?"

Matt replied, "You think the evidence is what I want. No, I want the book."

"What book?" Scott asked

Matt replied, "The bestiary. I don't want a couple of pages, I want the entire book."

"Why do you want the bestiary?" I asked then continued, "Look, I know the book inside and out but I don't have it on me right now. Gerard took the actual copy. So what do you want from the book, Matt?"

Matt replied, "Answers."

"Answers to what?" I asked

Matt replied as he lifted up his shirt, "To this."

I said, "If I tell you, you let everyone go, Melissa, Sheriff, everyone."

"So you do know?" Matt asked