♡ 3 ♡

"So, who was she?"

Jimin ignored BoMi, thinking that maybe if he kept quiet, she would stop asking questions.

It didn't work.

"Lin, you called her?"

He stiffened at the mention of her name.

In all of his years, he'd never once expected anyone to trick him like that.

She really never loved him?

It was not a familiar concept to Jimin, and he tried to ignore the dim pain in his gut.

After all, he hadn't loved her either, but he was planning on breaking her heart.

And now, she had beat him to it.

Not that he was heartbroken, of course. Only disappointed.

"Man, that was a godsend."

He looked at BoMi in confusion, and saw that she was sporting a wide grin, clearly happy about what had happened.

"I mean, finally, finally."

"What are you talking about?"

"It's just, I've dreamed of this."

He rolled his eyes, trying to ignore her. But she was jumping up and down, excessively joyful, and it drew his attention without effort.

"So, the player got played."

He turned to her quickly, his face strained. "Shut up."

"Hell no. I've been waiting for this since the moment you exposed your true self."

"I'm so glad that my hardships can be so amusing to you."

"Me too. It's only fair, after all."

He shook his head softly, sighing.

"I wish I had more time to gloat, but I have classes."

"Okay, bye."

She stopped, moving in front of him and pointing an accusing finger at him.

"Excuse me, no. I said one night, and I meant it. Hell, if you think I'm letting you stay in my home alone, you're out of your mind. Go find that friend of yours."

Jimin smiled at her insistence; he was only doing it to get a rise out of her, after all. It was refreshing, amusing.

"Well, I'll walk you to university."

"Yeah, no thanks."

"Well, too bad. My friend is on the way, so we either walk together or you can trail after me like a lost puppy."

"More like the other way around, buddy."

"Great, then I get to stare at your -"

She smacked his arm before rushing out of the room.

Just as he promised, he trailed after her, keeping close despite her best efforts to lose him in the crowds.