♡ 27 ♡

BoMi had been hoping it was Jimin knocking at her door.

Instead, she was met with another familiar face from her high school days.

Kim Seolhyun was never very nice to anyone. But if she had one good trait, it would be that she never lied; she was brutally honest. That didn't mean that she didn't manipulate the words to sound a certain way, though.

"Hi, BoMi! How have you been?"
BoMi knew Seolhyun wasn't here to make small talk, so she didn't respond, only waited for Seolhyun to cut the bullshit.

A tense smile, "I heard that you've been getting close with Jimin again. Honey, did you not learn the first time?"

BoMi was confused, "we're not even friends. But what do you mean?" People weren't actually talking about it, were they?

"Do you really not know?"

BoMi shook her head, and Seolhyun rolled her eyes in hopeless pity.

"Are you really that naive? Oh honey," BoMi had never heard a sigh sound so patronizing before, "as soon as you ran into him again, he's been plotting. It seems like you're his favourite victim. That's something, at least. Do you feel special, sweetie?"

BoMi frowned before slamming the door in her old classmates face.

Then, that meant Jimin was back to his old tricks. How did she not expect that? Truly, she had seen it coming, but she was hoping it wasn't true.

If only Jimin had arrived earlier, then maybe things would have turned out differently. He could explain everything.

Instead, he got a slap to the face, a firm, "I never want to see you again," and an unfamiliar pain in his chest.

It's called heartache.