♡ 15 ♡

"He looked jealous. Did you reject his confession, or something?"

BoMi grimaced; if only it had gone that way.

"Not exactly...."

"You guys dated, didn't you?"

BoMi frowned, uncertain if she could call it that.

"Let's just say I loved him, and he saw me as entertainment."

"He dumped you, didn't he?"

Jongin gave Yixing a sour look, but he simply shrugged, waiting for BoMi to answer.

"Yes. Publicly, might I add. It was all just a game for him, and I didn't take it very well. It was a terrible time for me, he was horrible, and I just wanted to leave it all behind. That's part of the reason I moved so far away from my parents. But mostly I came here for the school, because I want to teach dance, and choreograph for people who love dance like I do. But now, he's come back and he hasn't left me alone since he realized who I was. He keeps bringing up the past and I'm just afraid of getting distracted and losing my chance at this school."

"Some stupid boy can't ruin dance for you, not unless you let him. Have you told him to just, well, fuck off?"

"Many times. He's terrible at getting hints."

"That's not a hint, that's as straightforward as it gets."

"And he only hears what he wants to hear. I can only imagine what he's planning to do to me."

"Well, you've got us now."

"Yeah! We can escort you everywhere so he can't even look to you."

BoMi smiled inwardly; why had she spent so much time convinced friends were a lost cause? It was nice, to have people caring for her.

"You really don't have to, that's so much work for you."

"But we want to, right?"

"Yeah, of course."

"It's settled then. Consider us your personal, gorgeous, flawless, talented escorts."

"I think you forgot humble, selfless, and demure."

They shared a smile, and BoMi's heart was at ease for the first time since she had seen Jimin in the street.