♡ 20 ♡

Despite Jongin consistently murmuring about watching the other dancers, it was soon others who were watching him as he jumped into the center.

BoMi only grinned, knowing that it would have happened eventually.

No matter the music, Jongin matched it nearly perfectly, and BoMi abandoned her mission, focusing only on him.

"Do you like him?"

BoMi glanced over at Hoseok in momentary surprise; when had he arrived?

"I'm not sure," she answered honestly, turning back to watch her classmate once more.

Hoseok didn't mind the response, but the boy behind them found it less that satisfactory.

Jimin scowled to himself; how did she not know if she liked him?! Did that mean she did like him, but didn't want to admit it?

He shoved past the pair, quickly jumping into the performance.

BoMi was alarmed, but Hoseok cheered for his friend.

The music changed, and the coordinator spoke over the sound.

"Let's change the mood. Anyone of you can dance by yourself, but can you match another's movements? Dancers, grab a partner and show off your couple dances!"

Jongin immediately locked eyes with BoMi, but before she could even nod at him, she was roughly pulled into the center, her wrist held by someone else.

She scowled, jerking her hand free and quickly walking back towards the spectators.

But Jimin wasn't having it, and he quickly stepped in front of her, leaning his forehead on hers, lightly pushing her, mildly intimidating.

"Is it just me, or is there tension there?" There was a low hum of excitement from the crowd.

What is he trying to do?!

He knew BoMi would never dance with him, so he settled for a challenge instead. If she was as competitive as she was in high school, she wouldn't be able to walk away.

BoMi cursed herself, but he was right, she couldn't just walk away.

Even if they were always fighting in person, they respected each other in the dance, never cutting the other off.

As the beat intensified, so did their moves, and soon they were in each others faces, no hesitation in their actions.

BoMi would be lying if she said she didn't feel anything when they brushed into each other, though it was meant to be an obnoxious action, not a sensual, vulgar movement.

She almost didn't notice that the song was over, and the other partners were separating. She was too distracted, staring at Jimin, panting softly.

A hand latched onto hers, and then she was staring at Jongin, and she shook her head quickly, chasing away the thoughts that were corrupting her mind.

"I'm sorry, I really did want to dance with you."

Jongin smiled, putting a protective arm around her shoulder and holding her tightly against him as they rushed through the crowd.

"There's always a next time, I was just worried that you might do something you'd regret."

"With that dickhead? Not a chance."

He was right to be worried; she almost had.

"I told Hoseok that we live close, so I'll walk you home and he'll return with dickhead."

BoMi nodded, walking comfortably save for the irritating urge to turn back.

She risked a glance, finding Jimin staring back at her.

What were these chills?