♡ 18 ♡

"You're very pretty."

BoMi smiled, quietly thanking Hoseok, but he had already moved his attention elsewhere.

She was learning a surprising amount about him just from this walk. He was energetic, shameless, and very easily distracted.

Despite the fact that she was sometimes embarrassed by his blunt statements, she thought that she could grow very fond of him.

And she would be right.

He stood closer to her than was necessary, but it didn't seem like he meant anything by it; in fact, he didn't seem to notice it at all.

BoMi realized that she hadn't been listening, and she struggled to follow Hoseok's story, with little luck.

It wasn't entirely her fault, as he jumped topics faster than a child.

"So Namjoon and I went backpacking, and someone decided to lose their ticket, and, oh, speaking of losing things, this is the best, chim lost his bag once when we were traveling-"

BoMi couldn't recall hearing about a Namjoon, and yet he had been thrown into the story casually, as if she herself was friends with him.

She didn't think too much into it, instead racking her brain for any mention of a 'chim'. It didn't sound like a real name.

"Who's chim?" Her question was lost to the wind, as they had arrived at what had to be the dance gathering.

"Who's chim?" She tried again, and this time, she gained someone's attention, although it wasn't the person she wanted. She had lost Hoseok in the crowd.

"Do you talk about me a lot?"

BoMi scowled at Jimin. "Only when I want to throw up. Why are you here?" 

It didn't sound like a question, but an insult.

"My friend is meeting me here. It's a dance competition, I like to dance. Logical."

"Well, I hope they stood you up."

"Then I'd just have to stay with you so I'm not lonely."

"On second thought, I hope they drag you somewhere else, preferably far far away, like Bulgaria, or Pluto."

"How about I move into your heart instead?"

"You'd have better luck marrying a polar bear. Now, if you'll excuse me-"

"So you guys really do know each other."

Perfect timing Hoseok.

"Unfortunately, yes."

Hoseok hadn't expected that, as he stared between the scowling BoMi and a very smug Jimin.

"I thought you meant you were friends with her, Jimin."

"Oh, much more than that."

"Yeah," BoMi smiled sweetly, the false nature shining like a beacon. "We have the relationship of a murderer and a delusional victim. As in, I want to kill him and he thinks I'm in love with him. Now, I think I'll just go, but this was fun," BoMi cringed, "well, at first. Thanks, Hoseok. Maybe I can sit by you in one of those classes?"

"You're leaving already? That's no fair!"

Life's not fair, BoMi thought bitterly.

"I just realized that I have so much stuff to do. Namely, avoiding assholes, and ding ding ding," BoMi pointed to Jimin, "I've found one, so I gotta bounce."

"But, we just got here," Hoseok whined.

"Well, you can stay, I'll find my way home."

"I can't let you do that!"

"Hoseok, I've done it before. I'm fine, trust me."

"No way."

BoMi rolled her eyes, but a small smile was playing at her lips.

"Fine! Fine! I'll just mingle, and you can find me when you're ready to go, okay?"

"But, are you okay to be alone?"

"BoMi!! You didn't tell me you were coming here! We could have walked together!"

BoMi smiled as the handsome boy ran over, putting his arm around her shoulder as soon as he noticed Jimin.

"I think that's your answer. Hoseok, this is Jongin, my friend. Jongin, this is Hoseok, my...." she faltered for a second before smiling, "other friend."

"And I'm Jimin, it's nice that we could have this little introduction."

Jongin glowered, "nobody asked you, kid."

BoMi smiled, "sorry Hoseok. I'll catch you in the competition, right?"

Hoseok nodded, and BoMi quickly escaped with Jongin, breathing breathing a sigh of relief.