♡ 7 ♡

BoMi did her best to ignore the younger boy scurrying after her, his lanky legs falling over themselves as he struggled not to get lost in the crowd.

She felt guilty making him work so hard to get her, so with a heavy sigh, she moved to the side, near an open space between buildings, allowing Jungkook to reach her.

"What is it? I'm going to be late."

"It'll only take a second, please."

She briskly nodded, trying not to be obvious about the way her foot was tapping on the ground impatiently telling him to move along.

"Jiminie feels really badly about the other day. He really didn't mean it."

"Jiminie?"

The young boy blushed, looking just about as comfortable as someone who'd just been sprayed by a skunk and fallen onto a porcupine. "Sorry, Jimin-hyung feels horrible about what happened before, between you two."

BoMi looked at him in disbelief. "I don't even know if Jimin is capable of feeling bad. Or anything, for that matter."

"That's not true! He's a great guy, really, he's just a little rough around the edges."

"And apparently he is all edges. Jungkook, look, I'm sure that he told you to come and say this, but you shouldn't have listened. You don't have to do everything he says, even if he is older. You're more respectable than him, as far as I see it."

The boy hid a smile, a pleased blush rising to his ears. He blushed a lot, BoMi had noticed.

"Please, he didn't put me up to this," Jungkook looked down in immediate guilt, "well, he did, but I offered! It's fine, really. He wants to apologize."

"He can do that himself, thank you very much."

Jungkook fumbled in his bag, his eyes pleading for BoMi to wait one more moment.

He pulled out a can of soda, handing it to BoMi with an adorable smile. "Look, he even got you this!"

BoMi looked at the can suspiciously, turning it over a few times before looking back to Jungkook.

"You bought this, didn't you?"

Jungkook looked down, rocking on his heels awkwardly.

"It's very sweet that you're trying to help your friend, but I'm sorry, I can't fulfill his request."

"But please - "

"You see, I've already selected my student recommendation for this class term."

BoMi could see that Jungkook's face was conflicted - he wanted to help his friend, but he was already a student of the class, and BoMi was sure that he had his heart set on attending this school.

"Oh, who is - well, I can't ask that."

BoMi smiled secretively to the boy, leaning closer to him and motioning him closer with a finger.

"I hope you're available, because if I have anything to say about it, you should be joining the newest members of this school next term."

She left once she was satisfied with the grin on his face.