Mompiler

I followed Mark as we headed to his mom's house. When we pulled up I was Suprised that she was in the outter part of town. There was a driveway and what looked like an actual backyard.

When we pulled into the drive I parked right behind Mark not really knowing where else to park.

She waited till she seen Mark climb out of his car and she followed suit. The nervousness settling back into the pit of my stomach.

I climbed out of the car and shut the door making sure to lock it before I walked over after Mark. He was at the front door and unlocking it with his key before he pushed inside.

When I walked inside I was immediately greeted with the feeling of a warm home. Someplace that was filled with love and compassion for family.

And then suddenly, I was rushed by a big fluffy puppy.

My eyes instantly lit up as I felt that bubbly feeling blossom in the pit of my stomach.

"Hey Chica! Was you a good girl while I was gone?"

Mark asked in a baby talk tone. Chica was jumping up and down on Mark as he tried to carry the bags in through the house.

Chica noticed me shortly after Mark started walking away and instantly jumped to me.

"Heeeeey!! Hi Chica! Hi pretty girl! Hi, hi, hi!"

I said as I got down closer to the floor and allowed Chica to give me all the kisses she wanted.

I heard Mark laughing and called Chica off me. She went bolting across the living room and into the kitchen.

I followed Chica as she lead the way and when I rounded the corner I seen Mompiler.

I froze in the doorway as she was standing at the sink and doing some dishes. She laughed as Mark gave her a kiss on her cheek before turning around and looking my way.

"Oh hello. You must be Nichole."

She said as she wiped off her hands on a dry towel as I continued to stand in the doorway.

"Yeah that's me. Nice to meet you, uh, Momplier."

She laughed knowing that's what Mark's fantom had called her. She merely smiled my way.

She looked over at Mark with the same warm smile she gave me and he gave her a smile in return.

"Well, why don't you show your friend around the house?"

She told Mark. Mark turned my way and waved for me to follow him. He showed me where the bathroom was in case I was in need of it later. He showed me the whole house basically.

As we walked along the halls I stopped at a picture that shown Mark at a very young age. I looked at it for a moment and was unaware that Mark had stopped as well and was watching me.

"That was when I was about nine years old."

He said as he walked over to my side. I smiled at him as I looked back to the picture.

"Glad puberty was kind to you."

I joked causing Mark to give a slight playful pout.

"Are you saying I was ugly as a child?"

He asked, his hands on his hips as he looked at me. I snickered and shook my head.

"Now did I ever say that? I don't believe I did?"

"Huh huh, very funny. At least I was better looking than my brother."

He said muttering the last part. I snickered again as my eyes trailed along the many pictures that littered the walls of the hallway as I followed Mark back into the kitchen.

"Did you show her everything, Mark?"

His mother asked as she put the last plate away. Mark nodded and patted Chica on the top of the head when she came running for him.

His mother turned around and looked at me. I could tell that she was trying to read me as I stood there awkwardly beside Mark, who was playing with Chica.

"Why don't you tell me a little bit about yourself, Nichole?"

His mom said as she moved toward the small kitchen table that was located to the side of the room. She took a seat and looked at me.

Mark still playing with Chica kept his eyes on his dog.

I glanced from Mark to his mother and felt my body slowly tensing up. What was I suppose to say? What did she want to know? What should I and shouldn't I tell her.

Finally I decided that I'd just tell her what I would tell any other normal person that I was just meeting for the first time -- regardless of her son's fame.

"Well, I'm twenty-two, almost twenty-three. I never graduated high school, I switched to homeschooling."

"How come?"

She asked me. I swallowed softly as my eyes darted to the wall behind her instead of her face.

"I was always bullied in school due to my weight. So much so that I had to be pulled out due to too many health issues and stress."

Mark's mother frowned deeply. Her eyes softened as she looked at me. I could tell that she was taking pitty on me, but what I wasn't expecting was for Mark to speak up instead of her.

"Kids are assholes."

He said catching me off guard. I looked down and seen that he was slowly rubbing Chica's belly and looking up at me.

"They think it's cool to bully someone over something as shallow as a body image when they have no idea the actual damage that it does in the long run for somebody."

I looked away from Mark feeling incredibly awkward for having brought up the subject in the first place.

"Mark's right. If everyone went by appearance alone then nobody would ever make great friendships... And Mark would have never brought home such a pretty woman to meet me."

I blushed at the last part and looked down at my hands. Mark barked out in embarrassment as his mother laughed. I smiled softly to myself as I watched as Mark jumped up to his feet and argued with his laughing mother.

I just stood there smiling as I listened to Mark's high pitched tone only get louder and louder as his mother laughed harder and harder.

I smiled, happy that I came and had a chance to meet the wonderful mother who raised the amazing son that I look up to most in this world.