Not Cool Man

"Hey what's that?"

Jack asked as he came up behind me. We were all going out and walking around town to go shopping some and see some sites with Mark. I blinked and looked down at the object that was in my hand.

"Oh, it's my cellphone."

I said holding it up so he could see it. It had a case on it - a Majoras Mask from the Legend of Zelda - so I can understand his confusion. His eyes lit up and he shook his head.

"Whoa! That's pretty cool! Also, you've got good taste in games I see!"

He joked about. I laughed slightly and nodded.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that. Zelda, Final Fantasy, Spyro -- "

"Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Hold the phone! You like Spyro!? Which one is your favorite?"

He asked. I made a confused sound slightly startled by his sudden question of Spyro.

"Well, I've played them all -- but Year of the Dragon was super cool."

Jack yelled a "Yes!" And did a quick little clap with his hands. I couldn't help but laugh again at just how excited he seemed to have gotten.

"Man you're such a cool dude -- I mean chick! I mean chick..."

"Sean?"

Wishuu asked confused from behind. Jack turned around and I noticed his ears warming as she looked at him in the strangest of manners.

"She uh... she likes Spyro too!"

Jack stuttered. About that time Mark walked up with his house keys and looked at Jack and I weird. We locked eyes and Mark seemed almost lost in thought, I wasn't even sure if he was looking at me or if his head was in Space?

"Are we ready to go?"

I asked Mark. He seemed to snap out of it then and agreed that we were ready to go. Wishuu left first, followed by Jack and I behind him leaving Mark last to close and lock the door, but as I slipped past him, he stopped me by moving forward to block my way a bit.

I looked up at him confused and it was then I seen the sorrow in his gaze.

"I'm sorry about this morning with Amy. I don't -- "

"Don't worry about it. Besides, I can't really blame her can you?"

I asked. I noticed the flinch how could I not? He lowered his head slightly and allowed me to side step him. What was I suppose to say?

'Oh no it's all okay she was in the wrong?' That wasn't the case. Mark might have been a good friend to me, but he did kiss another woman - me - while being in a relationship with another.

And that wasn't cool in my book.