Present For A Friend

I arrived at Wade's house around two in the afternoon on Saturday like he had asked.

I had no idea what he wanted to do while hanging out, but I was down for just about anything.

I went up to his door and knocked a few times afterwards I was greeted by a smiling Molly.

"Hey Nichole good to see you again!"

She said as she gave me a quick hug. I smiled and hugged back a bit, still having that awkward anxious feeling around her since she and Wade were both newly found friends of mine -- at least that's how it felt.

Molly ushered me inside where I found Wade in the living room watching some TV.

He glanced my way and smiled that dorky smile at me.

"Hey! Glad you could make it."

He said as he turned off the TV and stood up. I smiled back and nodded with a slight chuckle.

I then noticed that he had a white package in his hands as he made his way toward me.

He held out the package for me to take. I was confused for a moment as I took it and seen that it was addressed to him.

I looked up at him confused.

"Mark didn't want to be creepy by asking for your address, so he sent it to me to give it to you."

I raised a brow. What in the world could Mark have wanted to send me? I opened the package up carefully. Molly had joined Wade's side now and had her phone out.

I stopped opening the package and looked at her confused.

"Are you recording me?"

I asked. Molly just smiled and shook her head.

"Nope just open it!"

She said. I blinked before looking back down at the package and opened it up.

I reached inside and pulled out a long piece of paper and turned it around. I became very confused when I noticed that it was a plane ticket to Washington?

I looked at Wade confused. He only nodded his head and smiled.

"I think there might be one more thing in there."

He told me. I peeked back inside and noticed that there was one last thing. Reaching in and pulling it out I looked at the other piece of paper and my eyes widdened.

My eyes zoomed over the paper probably a dozen times before I looked up at Wade as he was smiling.

"Am I -- am I reading this right?"

I asked, my voice extremely shaky.

"I dunno what did you read?"

I heard a sudden voice that wasn't Wade call out. I looked over to Molly and she couldn't help but laugh as she walked over to me and turned around her phone.

I gasped as I seen Mark on the other end connected through face cam on Skype.

Molly turned the cam around to where it was face cam for me as well.

Mark just sat there grinning like a dork. A held up the ticket and the paper as I looked at him with a shocked expression.

"Is this -- Is this a ticket to PAX West?"

Mark's smile only grew wider as he looked away from the camera for a moment and cleared his throat.

"Yeah, I called them up and asked for the head person of the convention. Asked them if they could shoot me an extra ticket for a friend since I'm one of the bigger pannalist there. Of course he agreed after some bargaining."

"But -- but why would you do that!?"

I was beyond shocked. More shocked than I had even been in my entire life.

I knew it was extremely easy for Mark to be able to tell too. His smile eased and he seemed to become more serious than before.

"Because all my other friends are going to be there and I wanted you there with all of us. You're my friend too. I couldn't just leave you out."

His words causes me to choak. I could see the tears glossing over my vision as I felt them slip from my eyes.

Mark's serious expression quickly went to a paniced one and he started talking quickly, tripping over some words.

"Why are you crying!? Is something wrong? Did I say something wrong!?"

"N-No! It's just -- I just wasn't expecting something s-s-so nice as th-th-this to ha-happen..."

I couldn't say much of anything else as my whole body was shaking and I had to hand the phone back to a soft smiling Molly.

She started rubbing my back as she handed her phone to Wade. He seemed shocked as well, not expecting me to have cried over it. But Molly, Molly seemed to understand as she walked me toward the couch and sat me down.

I heard Wade say something to Mark as I sobbed softly into my hands, Molly not leaving my side as she reassured me that it was all okay.

After a moment I managed to stop.

I took a deep breath and looked at Molly.

"I-I'm sorry. I had a panic attack..."

I said kind of trailing off a bit. Molly shook her head.

"It's okay. I figured you had some social issues when we first met. The. Mark said you had anxiety before you got here. There's no need to apologize for a mental disorder."

She never would have known how deeply I took those words. I dried my eyes on the back of my hand and she handed me a tissue from the box that was sitting on the coffee table in front of us.

"Hey, Nichole?"

Wade said from behind me causing me to turn around. I looked up at him as he was still holding the phone with Mark.

"Are you okay to talk again?"

I nodded and Wade handed me the pbone. I took I and slowly looked at the screen. Mark was sitting there seeming much sadder now.

"I'm so sorry."

He said. I shook my head quickly.

"No please I loved the idea, I just wasn't expecting you to be so generous to little ol' me."

I said with a chuckle. Mark smiled slightly as he looked directly into the camera.

"Why wouldn't I, you're my friend?"

I smiled causing Mark to smile. I nodded my head. My pudgy cheeks probably being extremely huge right now.

He laughed lightly with that laughter that I loved more than anything else in this world.