PAX Final Day

I stood there behind the table helping Mark taking gifts and giving them to the staff. I was noticed by a couple of younger people who asked for pictures from both Mark and myself. I was nervous as could be, but granted them their wishes.

I for the life of me could not recall how many photos had been taken of us, but I knew it was a lot.

"Oh my God! I ship you two so hard!"

I had now heard more times than I could recall. I wore a sad smile each time those words were said while Mark just laughed awkwardly. It was almost as if each time it was brought up the air around us would thicken and we'd both recall the video, the fights with Amy, everything that had happened.

But we kept the mask up for those who were there.

After about three hours of being there the signing finally ended.

"Man that was something huh?"

Mark asked as he and I left out of the back way. I nodded. Today was most certainly something that I wouldn't have imagined. He took a deep breath and slowly exhaled. Moving his body around he stretched after sitting down for so long only occasionally getting up to take pictures.

"So... what do you wanna do now? Amy is probably at a panel or something with Signe."

I paused for a moment. We were standing in a hallway full of people off to the side, but nobody seemed to pay us much mind. I pondered for a moment, not really knowing what to do.

"I'm not sure? Is there anything you wanna do?"

I asked not really sure on what to do.

Mark shrugged before he took a moment to whip out his phone.

"I'm gonna see where Jack and Felix are maybe they wanna hang out or something. Is that cool with you?"

Mark asked glancing my way. I gave a slight shrug of my shoulders.

"Hanging out with a loud Irish guy and the King of Youtube sounds like a blast to me."

Mark gave a slight chuckle before he send one of the two of them a message.

"So how are you enjoying yourself do far? We've been doing a lot of stuff."

Mark asked as he glanced up from his phone and looked my way. I put my hands behind my back and thought about it all for a moment.

"I've had fun. Glad I could spend the time with you. It's been a real treat I'll tell you that."

I said giving him a smile. Mark just somewhat looked at me for a moment as if he was lost in thought and the only thing that pulled him from his thoughts was the phone that vibrated in his hand. He looked down swiping at the screen and looked at the message.

"Jack said he and Felix are in Felix's room and that we can come on up if we wanted to cause the girls are wandering around on their own. Wanna go?"

He asked. I nodded. It didn't take long for us to end up at their hotel. They were all staying at the same hotel which was the convention hotel. As Mark and I entered the elevator neither one of us spoke. I suddenly felt as if the air was tense after seeing Mark glance at me from the corner of his eye several times, but said nothing. Finally as the elevator reached the upper floor and the doors opened we both left.

Mark walked out first and I followed behind him that was till he stopped in the middle of the empty hallway. I nearly bumped into him, but managed to keep from making contact with his back. I took a small step back as he turned around and looked at me.

I looked up at him confused. He seemed worried or bothered about something. His dark brown eyes just staring at me as he refused to utter a single word toward me. I swallowed softly and cleared my throat.

"Mark? What's wrong?"

I asked causing him to sigh loudly as he took a deep death in through his nose and right back out the same way.

"I just know that after today... you'll be gone."

Mark stated. My eyes widened as my mouth gaped slightly as I tried to form words, but my mind was blank.

"D-dont make it sound like I'm gonna die. Jesus, Mark."

I said trying to lighten the mood a bit. Mark just kept his gaze fixated on me as he refused to look anywhere else. Then suddenly he did something that shocked me even on the deepest level.

He hugged me.

It was so unexpected as he just wrapped his arms around me and pulled me in close. I felt his chin on my shoulder, his scruffy face rubbing against my cheek. I placed my hands on his back, wrapping my arms around his body as he stood there in the middle of the hall in each other's embrace.

I closed my eyes and sighed into Mark's neck as I turned my head so my face would rest in the crook of his neck. I closed my eyes and just allowed my body to relax. It was so peaceful being like this with him - with my friend - even if it was during a rather sad situation.

It was true after today I would be headed back home. I would be leaving Mark back in California and Travling more than halfway across the country. I didn't know how long it would be until I could see him again, if I could ever get the chance to see him again because of money situations.

I felt the emotions falling from my body as my bottom lip began to quiver and I gave a shaken breath. Mark tightened his grip around me as if he knew what was happening. He held me close and became my rock. He didn't attempt to pull away and just gave me comfort with the silence and embrace.

It was as if he knew how I felt.

It was as if he too felt the same way.