Modest Man

It was the early ass morning and I had been awoken to not so quiet whispering. I sat up and rubbed my eyes with a groan as I looked around my darkened bedroom.

I had heard voices outside my door. Getting up and walking to my door I leaned up against it with my ear to the wood and listened quietly.

"I can't believe you!! That you'd -- with -- idiot -- "

I could only hear every other word, but from what I did hear it sounded like Amy.

"Amy, I -- video -- YouTube -- she didn't -- nothing "

It was Mark. I raised a brow as I plugged my other ear with my finger to help focus my hearing in one ear.

But it didn't really help all that much.

I pulled away from the door quickly as I heard a door slamming on the other side. It hit hard enough to shake my own door. I then heard footsteps coming down my hall and past my door.

Slowly I opened the door and peeked my head out and caught a small glimpse of what looked like Mark heading for the livingroom.

I went back inside my room and grabbed a blanket and wrapped it around my body before leaving my room as quiet as possible.

As I entered the livingroom, I noticed the kitchen light was on and nobody was present in the livingroom. So I made my way to the kitchen and found Mark leaned up against the counter with a beer in his hand.

I blinked as I watched him take a chug before I silently entered the kitchen.

"You know you're not suppose to drink, Mark."

"Jesus!! God damn it, Nichole!"

He yelled halfway through my statment as he jumped and turned to look at me. His hand over his chest and a small amount of beer spilt on the counter.

We looked at each other for the longest time before he broke eye contact and looked at the floor.

"Did we wake you?"

He asked. I gave a small shrug before I leaned up against the doorframe.

"Kinda, I have insomnia anyway so I was slightly awake arleady."

I said, somewhat lying but not really. Mark sighed deeply and seemed embarrassed as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"How much did you hear?"

"Something about you being an idiot and YouTube videos."

Mark flinched, weather or not he meant to I didn't know, but what I did know was that him and Amy had gotten into it over something.

"Wanna tell me what happened?"

I asked. Mark looked up at me for a moment before his eyes drifted down to the beer in his hand.

"Amy... she found the unedited version of the... of the Darkiplier video we did."

"The unedited version? Why would you still have it on your computer?"

"Because I'm an idiotic jerk who doesn't know a good thing when he has it."

I felt my heart break. Had Amy told him that? I moved forward and stopped in front of Mark. He had looked up at me and watched closely as I moved toward him.

"You're not any of that you know. An idiot, yeah, but you're a generous idiot who is too modest for his own good."

I said grabbing hold of the beer from his hands. I took a sip of it and nearly gagged from the nasty yeast taste that entered my mouth.

"You should get some sleep, Mark. Handle this in the morning after she's calmed down and you, my sleep deprived friend, has had some sleep."

I said as I took the bottle and pointed at him. I then turned on my heels and walked away, leaving a speechless Mark standing in the middle of his kitchen.