Chapter 4

Zoe's POV

  Jumping out of the shower, I throw on my gray Hollister sweats and blue sports bra. I head downstairs to see if my mom was back yet, and of course she isn't. Probably staying late at the office, as usual.

  In the meanwhile I was starving. I didn't eat breakfast, barely had any lunch, and those are the effects of starvation.

  I didn't really feel like getting my lazy ass up to cook, but I would be more than happy to get my lazy ass up to eat out.

  I run upstairs to grab a shirt, other wise I bet I would probably get kicked out if I just had a bra on.

  I put on my pink and gray hearts shirt. It looked perfect with my gray sweatpants.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

  "Hello, Welcome to LA Tolteca. How many?" The old Mexican guy asks me from behind the counter. "One," I answer and follow him back to the booth.

  "You're waiter will be back with salsa," He says and sets down my menu. I scan through each page, not knowing how to pronounce all the Mexican meal names.

  "Here you go," The waiter says and sets down my salsa. I look up from my menu and he smiled at me. He is so hot! He has light red hair, and brown eyes. He was really cute, even for a redhead.

  "To drink?" He asks, I'm sure he asked before but I was too busy staring. "One Horchata please," I say to him and he scribbles down on his notepad. "I'm pretty sure I'm ready to order also," I add.

  "Okay," He says and giggles a little. "I'll take a California burrito. No guacamole." I say to him. I can't even say guacamole without gagging.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-**-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

  After about 15 minutes, my food comes. As he sets it down, I see a little note attached. I pull it from under the plate.

   Dear Girl,

  I was wondering if you would like to meet back here sometime? Here's my number: 773-880-7689

  Okay then? I laugh to myself and start to eat my burrito. I take out my phone and log onto Twitter. "Or maybe we can start now?" I hear the waiter say. I was drinking my horchata at the time and I got startled and dropped it all over me. "Oh god! I didn't see you there." I say and try to grab as many napkins as I can.

  He pulls my plate away and sets it down in the bin, noticing I probably wouldn't eat it since it was covered in my drink. "Thanks," I say trying to cover up my clumsiness.

  "I better go, I have a-" I look quickly around to get and idea. "I have a doctors appointment," I say sounding really stupid. "At 8:00?" He asks me. "Uh, yeah," I say and grab my purse out of the booth and walk out of the restaurant.

  I didn't need a relationship at this moment, I'm still suffering from the last.