Chapter 22

Liam's POV

  "That's a lot." Zoe leans into me as she hugs her knees, sitting on my large bed.

  I never knew someone like and ex-boyfriend could tear two people part in such a short matter of time. But I know I have to be there for Zoe, when she really needs me and now is the time. "I never knew you two actually had that kind of history together."

  "Holly has been a huge part of my life and to be honest-" She wipes away her tears, and sniffs to keep more stored away. "I didn't like the idea of her going out with Chris at first. But I got used to it, only because I thought of her as a real friend."

  "That Chris- uhm, he doesn't seem very social." Zoe laughs at my comment.

  "That's because he isn't, Liam. Not one bit."

  "I couldn't really tell actually. The vandalizing of Holly's apartment totally made me think twice." Zoe laughs at my cheesiness, and I hug her tighter.

  I never really thought about it, but I haven't taken her on an actually proper date. Like where we both wear fancy clothes and I get her flowers and even a box of damn chocolates. I'll have to put that in my already packed schedule. I'm sure I'll have some time.

  "Do you think Holly will talk to you again? It's already been a month." I ask her and feel her head shake against my chest.

  "Definetly not. I just can't see her ever trying to forgive me. I don't really feel like I did anything wrong though."

  "You really didn't. From what you told me, you both kind of got into it. It was your apartment too, and if you didn't want him there- you guys should've talked and worked out something for both of you to feel comfortable with."

  She feels warm and relaxed, but I can still tell she is worried. Her hair is sprawled out across my body as I run my hands through the lightly colored locks.

  "So that means I did do something." She looks up at me, blinking rapidly.

  "You both got into it. Not just you." I remind her.

  "I still kind of have to apologize. Or would have." She continues.

  "I guess. . ." I trail off.

  "Liam!" She swats my leg, and I kiss her forehead.

  "I still gave you an answer."

  "True." Her head finds it's way back to my chest, as she warms it again from the cold air.

  "Things will work out." I assure her.

  I'm sure Holly and her will be soon driving to work together each morning, listening to our songs on the radio, as Zoe boasts on how awesome it is to have Liam Payne as her boyfriend. I hope Zoe listens to us. That would just be silly if she didn't.

  "I sure hope so." She sighs.

  "We should go out." I tell her and she sits up to look at me.

  "We just went out."

  She is referring to yesterday, when the guys and her went to eat. I wasn't even there.

  "Not just me and you." I specify.

  "True. . ." Her lips make the perfect 'O.' "We can later, I just need to get ready."

  I nod my head and she is instantly on her feet. "Where are we going?" She asks.