Our not so perfect first date

Me and Brooks date was going amazing. We were about halfway through the movie when I got a text. It was from Vince. I was about to just ignore it until I saw what he said.

Vince: At hospital come quick Griffin got Into an accident.

   I was about to flip I was about to just start balling my eyes out. Knowing that something has happened to him what if he is dead what if he is seriously hurt. I always think the worst. All I know is I can't loose another one of my friends. I told Brooks and we immediately left the movie and got into the car. I started crying. Tears just poured out of my eyes I was to emotional.
    We got to the hospital and we ran in and asked the nurse where Griffin Wilmers room was. We got into his room and he was in his hospital bed. Alive. Oh my god thank god he is alive he is okay. I saw Vince and Griffens parents who I have known forever. Since I was a little kid me and Griffin have known each other. We grew up together. It was me Vince and Emily. We were the bestest of friends. Until you know the whole me and Vince breakup.
     "Hey Nic." I heard Griffin say with a bit of a raspy voice. I went up to him and hugged him. "Are you okay??"
"Yeah I'm fine I just got into a motorcycle accident... A car hit me and I flew off."
"Oh my god I'm so happy your ok." I said hugging him again.
"He has a broken leg, A concussion and a broken wrist.... he's lucky the car didn't hit him to hard." The doctor said walking into the room. "Do we know who the other driver is?" Vince asked. "We aren't sure it was a hit and run." The doctor Said.
"Are you kidding me??....were gonna find out who did this to you Griffin." Vince said angrily.
I can't believe this is happening again it feels like it's all happening again the whole thing with Shannon and now it's Griffin. Griffins parents left the room to go talk to the doctor and Vince was at the vending machines with Brooks. "Nic why are you crying?" I didn't even know I was crying till Griffin pointed it out. "Oh.. I just feel like everything is happening all over again we still don't even know the driver who hit Shannon and now we don't know who hit you."
"Its ok nic everything is gonna be okay."
"Your the one in the hospital bed and your comforting me?" I said. "I've missed you nic we haven't talked in a while." He said then he was running his fingers threw my hair as I layed on the bed with him. "I missed you to Griffin."
I honestly have missed him a lot he's my best friend. Then Brooks walked in with a couple water bottles and looked up. He saw us cuddling I got off the bed . But it wasn't like that and I think he thought it was. He set the water bottles down on the table. He was about to say something when Vince walked in with Griffins food.
    "Ok so there are mashed potatoes and carrots and chocolate pudding I grabbed you an extra pudding but then I ate it." I smiled I haven't heard vinces laugh or have a sense of humor like that since we dated.

The next day.

    The next day I woke up In my bed wanting to go to the hospital to see Griffin but I know he was getting out today at 3 so I thought I could wait just a little longer. Then I heard the doorbell ring. I opened the door and I saw Brooks. "Oh hey." I said. Then I glanced down and saw the flowers and a bag of corn. At first I was really puzzled why he had a bag of corn and then I remembered thats what I was eating when we first met In the cafeteria. "Awwww." I said and then took the flowers and corn and smiled and hugged him and kissed him on his cheek. "This is so sweet Brooks.".
"Yeah I thought maybe we could redo are first date tonight." I was about to say yes when I realized I was gonna hang with Vince Griffin and Emily tonight to reunite the old group and me and Vince agreed to still be friends and not make things awkward. "Oh..uh I'm busy tonight how about tomorrow?"
"Yeah I'd like that." He said.