Guilt

We got into the driveway and Will lifted me out of the car and took me into the house and gently set me on the couch.

"Get some rest Nicky."

"I don't think I will ever be able to sleep again. I ruined a guys life."

"Don't say that Nicky."

"What it's true."

"I'll be right back I'm gonna go get your medication from the pharmacy."

"Ok." I said as he walked out the door.

I was sitting there just thinking about what I just did to Monty. When I heard a knock at the door. I just shouted come in cause I couldn't get up and I assumed it was Emily or someone.
But it was Brooks.

"Oh hey." I said. I was kinda confused why he was here like I understand why he called the police and waited at the hospital with me. But he didn't need to check up on me. He had a container of chocolate ice cream and a movie. I glanced down to see what the movie was. The maze runner. That was my favorite movie.

"I thought we could you know hang out and watch a movie to you know get your mind of things."

"Thanks brooks." I said smiling. He was one of the sweetest guys I've ever met. I wish he didn't break up with me. He was so perfect. I know that I said this about Jax but I was obviously wrong about him. I was so stupid to not see this coming. So caught up in Jax Starling and everything about him. That's what he does brainwashs girls into liking him and then breaks there hearts or just sleeps with them.

We were about halfway through the movie when Will walked through the door.

"Oh hey you two." He said as a smile came across his face. He loved when me and Brooks were dating cause he loved Brooks. He was probably so happy about me and Jax being over. Ugh I never wanna see Jax again.

"I'll leave you two alone." He said as he winked and put my medication on the table and ran upstairs.
Brooks was smiling at this. I wondered if he still had feelings for me? Like I still like him.

Then the movie ended and I was back to thinking about Monty. Brooks had flipped on tv after it was over but I couldn't watch tv right now all I could think about was Monty.

"Oh hey sorry I gotta go I forgot me and Vanessa are going out to eat."

"Ok bye Brooks." I said.

"Wait.. thank you." I said before he could walk out the door. He smiled then said bye. But before my door could shut someone else opened it. It was Emily and Griffin.

"Hey." In unison as they walked in.

"Ah you and Brooks?" Emily said as she wiggled her eyebrows.

"We were just hanging out as friends."

"Sure." She said sarcastically.

"Are you ok?" Griffin asked.

"Yeah but Monty isn't."

"You can not blame this all on you!!" Emily said loudly.

"Yes I can."

Two weeks later.

It's been two weeks  since everything happened which means I'm out of this chair. But I've not been doing any better with all this guilt I'm feeling. But it also meant I have to go back to school. But that meant seeing Jax.
Brooks has been coming over almost every day after he was done with school and we would hang. He really made me feel better and got my mind of things. I know we are just friends but I don't want to be. I still like brooks a lot. Yesterday when he had to go he hugged me goodbye. That hug felt so good. It reminded me of all the amazing times we had together. It also reminded me of his scent his cologne smelled so good.

I had thrown on some clothes and brushed my teeth and hair and quickly ate breakfast. It felt so good to walk again to be on my feet.

Monty will never feel that again.