Chapter 6: " One Night Stand"

Chapter 6: "One Night Stand"

My head throbbing with a pulsing ache as I woke up reluctantly. I squinted my eyes, avoiding the harsh ray of sunlight falling over my face. Slowly, I draped the blanket around myself, and crawled to the bathroom.

I could feel the contents of last nights regrets crawl up my stomach, and I threw up straight into the toilet. Feeling much better, I decided to freshen up. I brushed my teeth with the spare hotel toothbrush and took a brief shower. Unfortunately, I forgot to bring my clothes so I had to drape the hotel towel around me to fetch my clothes from the room.

Last night was a blur. I remember having sex with a stranger whose face I haven't even seen properly. He was spontaneous, not to mention charming. But I was regretting it kind of, I didn't even know him. He might just be a 55 year old man or a father cheating on his wife. Who knows? Though he was definitely no grandfather, his libido said otherwise...

I had to admit last night was the best I ever had. He obviously knew what he was doing. And his hands. Oh his hands, they knew a lot of ways of making me come.

Suddenly, I could feel my face turn pink, a little embarrassed to get out like this from the shower. I knotted the towel tightly around my chest, covering up my body. It was a small towel which barely reached my thighs, but thankfully enough to cover my private parts.

Opening the door, I went out warily.

I gasped, a hand involuntarily covering my mouth. I felt my towel falling down my chest, but I saved myself from that horror. There, sitting in front of me, was my boss, Asher Devin Jones, looking every bit of handsome and every bit of remorseful.

Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck! I chanted inside my head. "Oh my God," I backed away until my back was greeted by the wall. I stopped, burying my face in my hands. This can't be happening. Please tell me it's just a dream. I started thinking of all the worst case scenarios. It was my first job and I ended up screwing my boss. Way to go Armelle I scolded myself. I felt like banging my head against the wall. Or just lock myself away from the rest of the world. My dad would be so disappointed at me... Oh father. How can I forget about him? He would be so upset with me. A tight knot twisted in my stomach.

He got up immediately, "Miss Vista, we can get over this," he walked towards me. I immediately backed away, tears threatening to spill but I gulped them down. He didn't look that surprised, given he probably woke up and saw me lying next to him next thing in the morning.

"But how?"I asked, my voice desperate and sullen. I could feel his eyes on my body so I grasped the towel tighter around my chest, clenching my legs together. Damn, even after all of this, he still makes me want to jump his bones.

"Please take a seat." he gestured towards the bed.

I complied, keeping a good distance between us.

He continued,"We will pretend like this never happened. I don't want this to affect our work. I never mix work with pleasure," he said solemnly, but his eyes said otherwise. They were roaming my body, like they could see through my soul. His eyes darkened and I had to look away, ignoring his piercing lush green eyes.

I felt like going for another round after that wonderful night. Fuck, I shouldn't be thinking like this at all. Snap out of it Armelle.

I sighed. "Yes I would like to forget this too. Because.. God, you're like my uncle.... But I don't think I can work with you anymore. I will be resigning." My voice trailed to a lower pitch. I was growing fond of my job and the pay was good. Really good. But I can't definitely stay. I ended up sleeping with my boss. It would be too embarrassing for me and for him.

He cleared his throat,"Don't put it like that. After all of this... Please don't call me your uncle." He said scathingly. I peered up at him, I couldn't decipher anything out of his empty eyes.

"But you can still call me your boss. I order you to not quit. May I remind you that you have signed a contract with me?"

"You really want to keep me after all this?

"Yes. We are mature adults, I think we can go through this."

I nodded but I wasn't so sure. I can't face a man everyday with whom I had sex with. It was too much for me. Besides, why me? He can hire much better people who are more qualified.

"I... I'll have think about it." And with that, I stood up and went back into the bathroom, closing the door behind me.

. . .

"Where were you last night?" Syd asked, as I walked into the apartment still wearing last night's clothes.

I shrugged. "Just went over to visit my mom and slept over at her house, I wasn't enjoying myself at the party." I lied through my teeth, trying to sound nonchalant.

She raised an eyebrow at me, not believing my lame excuse. "You suddenly had an urge to drop by your mom's place? Then why didn't you tell me? Jasper and I tried calling you several times."

"I put my phone on silent." This was actually true. After my encounter with Jack, I was completely lost and put my phone on mute. I didn't even bother checking my phone.

"Syd, I saw Jack yesterday. At the club."

"What?" Sydney was shocked, her face etched with worry. "Oh God, do you think he's back?"

I gulped, "Don't know. I hope not." My heart lurched with fear but I tried to stay strong.

She embraced me, burying her face into the crook of my neck. "Is that why you left for your mom's? You should've told me! Oh Mel, don't worry I won't let anything happened to you. You know I will be there for you, always." She rubbed my back soothingly.

All of the sudden, I felt guilty, sitting there, hugging my best friend. She was there for me and I just can't hide this from her. And sharing with someone would definitely make me feel better.

She let go off me. I faltered. "I am sorry, Syd. You see, I wasn't exactly at my mom's place... I ended up having an one night stand with my boss."

Her reaction was what I expected. "WHAT? Holy shit! You had sex with SEX ON LEGS?!"

"Sort of?" I croaked, feeling somewhat embarrassed.

"HOW? WHEN? WHERE?"

"Calm down, Syd. I'll tell you everything."

"Wait! I think we need a good can of beer for this story!" She ran to the fridge getting out some beer and a packet of ruffled chips from the counter.

She flopped down on the couch beside me, tossing me a can of beer and opening up the chip packet. "Okay, I am all ears".

Starting from my encounter with Jack to leaving the hotel room, I recapped everything.

"Whoa. That's just..."

"I know."

"So unlike of you Mel. I'm shocked. And a little proud."

I giggled, a wave of relief engulfing me. "Drunk Armelle is capable of a lot of things."

Sydney shoved another chip into her mouth."So are you going to continue working for him?"

"I don't know... I don't want to because the job was exhilarating for me but," I sighed. "I can't go back to pretending nothing happened given every time I see him sitting in front of that desl. I would think about screwing him on that desk or something." I tried to wipe that appealing image off my mind.

"Whoa Mel, you have got it bad. Just think about it. Don't rush into anything."

"Thanks for listening," I took a swig of the beer. Sydney nodded, chewing thoughtfully. It was early in the morning, and we were having junk food and alcohol. Of course we didn't care, but I mentally made a note to myself to go for a jog.

My phone rang and I dug it out of my purse. When did I switch it off of mute? The caller ID showed it was my dad. I froze in my place. Shit! Does he know?

.........

Edited by unlady