Chapter 17: "Jerk"

Chapter 17: "Jerk"

Asher Devin Jones is a jerk. Not only did he left me wanting for more after the steamy makeout session but he also left me alone on this stranded island, literally.

After making me dizzy with his kisses he finally got to his senses about how it shouldn't be happening, he got up striding towards the cabin. Though I was disappointed, yet I couldn't help but check out how his back muscles would flex as he walked by. I really need to get my head checked! After putting on my bikini top on, I heard the ominous sound of speedboat starting. Getting suspicious I ran towards it only to find Asher leaving in a speedboat.

"ASHER! ASHER!" I screamed only to meet his departing figure. I was seething now. That asshole had the audacity to leave me like this!

I stomped inside the cabin to find my tee and shorts. After putting those on I called Jose.

Thankfully Jose came to fetch me with a speedboat. He held a perplex look on his face, I am pretty sure he had a lot of questions for me but he was civil enough not to ask me anything at all, letting me be by myself.

After getting off from the speedboat I thanked him and immediately sprinted towards my room to avoid Mrs. Hamilton. I am pretty sure she will be asking me how our tour to the island was and I might as well end up telling her the truth because I was still pissed at Asher.

From that day we went on to avoiding each other, we kept our conversations to minimal as much as possible. Of course we had to keep up our pretense up in front of Paul and Darcia which was hard given I was adamant on avoiding Asher as much as possible. Even Darcia seemed to have noticed the tension between us.

"Something happened at the Island that day?" Darcia asked while I was helping her to split the yarn and she was knitting.

"What?" I paused, "No nothing too serious." I didn't want to blatantly lie to her. As if that's gonna make up for all the lies.

"Hmm, I figured that as you guys have been acting a little aloof after that day," she mused. Wow I guess even under the false pretenses, it was quite obvious that there was tension between us.

"Yeah we just had a fight," I said lamely.

"Don't worry, couples fight all the time." she stopped knitting finally looking at me. "You just need to be patient. Asher is crazy about you, I can see it in his eyes."

Blinking, I nodded at her. "That wasn't supposed to make you happy," I chided myself in my mind.

Maybe Asher was that good at faking it that Mrs. Hamilton was convinced that Asher was totally smitten by me. In reality he was a jerk who ditched me on a stranded island in the middle of nowhere.

......................

After a long trip I was finally back to my office.

We had a lot of work cramped up so Asher was always stuck in meetings or working overnight. Asher made sure to include me in tasks which involved at least staying a foot away from me like attending meetings or fetching files by Mr. Brandon so that I didn't have to come to his cabin alone. He also made sure I didn't have to stay overnight with him unless other employees were working overnight too.

Till now he still hasn't apologized to me for the island incident nor have we talked about it at all.

After having two consecutive meetings at work, I was on my way to lunch. I was hungry to say the least so I was kind of in a rush to go to the cafe downstairs and order myself a burger instead of having something from the work cafeteria. But I ended up bumping into someone, throwing his stack of papers which scattered all over the floor.