Epilogue Part 2

"Archer give the toy robot back to your brother!" I chided my son as I made breakfast.

Mornings were hectic and my sons did a great job of making sure I stay busy.

"But this is mine," Archer reasoned.

"No it isn't. You broke your own one last night. Give Zane his robot back," I said as a final warning.

"But-"

"I found Zane's robot!" Asher said bringing a similar looking toy robot.

"Dadaaaaa" Zane screamed. Zane was two years old. He only knew a handful of words but his favourite was definitely 'dada'.

Asher picked up Zane and kissed him on his cheeks, "Here is your robot," he said handing him the toy.

I mouthed to him " Where did you get that?" so that the kids don't hear me. I saw last night how Archer broke his toy robot and immediately claimed Zane's toy robot as his.

"I bought one extra in case of situations like this," he whispered in my ears kissing me on my cheeks. After all these years those kisses still made my heart flutter.

"Dad I want a piggyback ride," Archer whined.

The day Asher came to take me with him to Florida, I turned him down. Instead I promised him we would still keep in touch and we will try to meet each other every weekend. But after I was done completing my undergrad I came back to Florida. After he left, I got myself into therapy. That helped me a lot. So by the time I was done with undergrad I was feeling positive about moving there and ready to go back to Florida just in time for the birth of my goddaughter.

A year later I got pregnant with Archer. It was unplanned but this time we monitored my symptoms properly. All throughout the pregnancy Asher was always there for me, making sure I was safe. He didn't want that to happen again. We decided then to move to the suburbs where we thought the baby will have a proper upbringing rather than staying in the town. We bought a two storey villa with a huge backyard and a pool for the kids to play.

Six years later Sydney and I both got to know we were pregnant with sons. I had Zane, a few days later Sydney had a baby boy named James. Zane and James claim to be twin brothers and we don't bother correcting them since they were like siblings.

After having Ariel (she named her after the little mermaid) Jasper finally proposed and they got married.

"Give Zane to me," I offered as Archer wanted to get on Asher's back.

"No. You are busy. I think I can carry them both," Asher kneels in front of Archer still carrying Zane, I help Archer get on his back.

"Hold your dad tightly," I said as Asher's hands were occupied by holding Zane.

"That is how I get to do some workouts nowadays," Asher smiled as he got up. Asher was an amazing father in fact Zane and Archer where both more closer to Asher than me. But I bet I would have gotten some brownie points if I knew how to play video games with them like Asher.

After we were done with breakfast, Sydney and Jasper came over to drop off Ariel and James.

"We would have stayed but I gotta go to the check up," Sydney was expecting a third baby. She is almost five weeks pregnant now.

"Okay Syd. Take care," I bid them goodbyes but Syd stops midway.

"By the way we are going on a sexy maternity clothes shopping one day. All the maternity clothes makes me look like a santa. I get horny a lot these days and Jasper doesn't want to have sex with me because apparently it isn't good for the baby. But I bet it is for the maternity clothes. No one wants to have sex with a santa."

"There is something called too much information," Jasper said blushing. "I am just afraid your water will break. You will always be sexy to me."

"No it won't," Syd yelled. "I told you this a million times."

"We will see you later Mel. I got to drive my crazy pregnant woman to the hospital!"

"What did you call me?"

.........

"Do you think it was a great idea to send them to my parent's house?" I asked Asher as I got changed into something comfortable.

"Yes your parents love it when they visit them."

"But I am worried about Zane. He is only two he had never slept over at someone else's house."

Asher pulled me closer to him, "Don't worry about them. Your parents have taken care of you when you were young. I am sure they can handle them well."

After Syd and Jasper took away their kids, my parents came over. The children were having fun so they insisted on going to their place for a sleepover. Asher and I both agreed since mom and dad were excited about that idea too.

"I guess I will work then," I said. I was the owner of a small publishing house now. Asher encouraged me to open my own business a few years ago with Asher's help I fulfilled my dream of opening one. Though a handful of people worked for it and we were mostly based online but we were growing very rapidly.

"Not so fast. I can finally have you to myself after a long time and you wanna work?" He said in mock accusation.

"Then what do you suggest we do then?" I asked playfully.

"Oh I don't know," he kissed me on my lips, "Maybe a little bit of this? Or a lot?" He asked smirking.

"Hmm," I pretended to think. "I choose option B- a lot of this," with that I got on my toes and kissed him. He kissed me back with the same urgency.

"I love you Armelle," he whispered in my ears.

"I love you too Asher."

The end.

..............

Edited by  nupur92

I would like to thank unlady, kaxeen and nupur92 for editing this book. I am forever grateful to them