Chapter 14: "The dress"

Chapter 14:

I woke up to the aroma of freshly brewed coffee and French toast. I look up to see Asher who was looking delicious in just his boxers holding a cup of coffee.

"Hi," I groggily greeted. I would love to wake up to this sight everyday.

"Here have this." He tried to kiss me on my lips but I backed away.

"Morning breath," I said covering my mouth.

"Does it look like I care?" he pecked on my lips handing me my coffee. I took a tentative sip out of it. A small sigh of content escaped my lips; I was totally infatuated by his gesture. I realized I was in Asher's room, last night I was too occupied to notice that.

"Are you okay? Still sore?" He asked sitting beside me. I was naked underneath my sheets so I wrapped the duvet around my chest trying my best to hid as much as I can. It's not like he didn't see anything.

"I'm okay, it's a little sore but nothing I can't handle." I said, positioning myself to sit more comfortably.

"I am sorry. You should have told me to stop", he say worry etched on his brow.

"No.. no I am okay. This is the good kind of pain", I said smiling at the memories of last night. We went for multiple rounds last night and each one of them left me satiated.

"Okay if you say so", Asher said. "Take some rest for now and at night we need to attend a party it's okay if you wanna skip".

"What party?

"We got the deal, we will be signing the contract for the hotel this evening and later we will have a celebration party", he said finishing his coffee and putting the mug on the table.

"Oh my god! Congratulations! You totally deserved it", I was practically jumping on my bed.

He laughed, "You seem to be more excited than I am".

"Why aren't you excited?" I asked.

"Of course I am. I finally get to retire from Jones Industries and run my own company".

"Wait you are going to leave Jones Enterprise? But why?"

"Well that is my father's company. It's time I establish my own business, my brother and father is enough to run Jones Enterprise".

"You have a brother?"

"Yeah. He's quite a few years younger than me".

"Then who's gonna take over your Florida office?"

"My dad's wife I guess. That's why she has been relentlessly calling me".

"To tell you to leave the job?"

"No my father wanted me and her to operate the Florida office together. I denied him so I am leaving the office so that his wife can take over".

"Ohh", I was curious to know why he didn't want to work with his stepmother but I guess he doesn't exactly like her so I didn't prod him any further.

.................

"I don't know what to wear", I whined over the phone to Sydney.

"What about that cocktail dress?" Sydney suggested.

"I already wore that", I said going over my clothes for the fifth time. Yup, I don't have anything worthy of wearing at today's celebration party.

"Just wear something normal. The glow on your face after having good sex will make up for that", Sydney advised.