Chapter 20: "Stay"

"WHAT? My parents? How? How do they even know where you live?" I shot him with questions, couldn't quite believing it myself. I got up while getting dressed and took a good look at the screen in front of me.

My mom and dad were waiting at the door. "Wait a minute." My eyes zoned to the car behind them. "My parents don't own a car like that." And by like that I mean so expensive, as if on queue another figure appeared behind them. It was Ivana.

Of course Ivana would do that. "Get dressed! I have to ring them in!" Asher said. scratching his head."I am sorry, I didn't know Ivana would turn out to be such a bitter bitch." He scathingly said.

I would have replied back with more insults toward the woman, but now we didn't have time to do so. Asher and I were practically naked and we needed to get dressed. I picked up my clothes from the floor and slipped into it, while Asher got changed into jeans and a black t-shirt which clung to him like a second skin. I may have been panicking but I still couldn't help but admire his biceps.

The bell rang. I could hear my heart beating erratically and not in a good way. My mother and father would freak out if they get to know about my fake marriage with Asher. I was hoping Ivana didn't say anything.

The bell rang again, my body became numb in response. "Calm down, Armelle. It's gonna be alright." He briefly touched my shoulder.

Asher opened the door to meet with the shocked faces of my parents. "Asher, darling... I would like you to meet Mr. and Mrs. Vista." Ivana gestured to my parents. She saw me behind Asher, "Oh great, Mel is here too. Looks like its true then."

Asher was trying his best to keep his calm. "I know Mr. and Mrs. Vista already." He said quietly.

"Oh, it's Mr. Vista now?" Dad said sourly. His face was red with fury. This wasn't a good sign.

"Armelle, what is it I'm hearing? Is it true? You and Asher-." She was too astonished to say anything further. I was almost on the verge of crying. Disappointment was written all over my parent's faces, it was hurting me from inside. They didn't deserve this.

"Mum, it's- I can explain..."

"YOU SON OF A BITCH! I TOLD YOU TO HELP MY DAUGHTER! NOT TO ENTICE HER!" My dad hysterically yelled and literally jumped over Asher and grabbed his collar. Asher didn't do anything, he just stood there looking down with regret.

"Dan, let go of him immediately!" My mother chided my dad. I broke out in a sob while Ivana enjoyed the drama. This is what she wanted.

He let go of Asher, took a seat on the couch. He was breathing heavily, Asher immediately went to the kitchen to grab a glass of water to give it to him. But my father, still wheezing, denied. "Please dad, take it." I croaked, and he took the glass from him and drank the whole glass while my mother was reassuringly rubbing his shoulder. His colour and breathing went back to normal.

"Explain to me what is going on. Is it true you guys are planning to get married? It has been like what? A month only. That is too early. Mel is only nineteen and Asher you are thirty five!" My dad cried out.

"This is all fak-." Asher was about to spill out the truth but I stopped him.

"No, Asher, let me tell them everything." I sighed, I knew I was gonna regret this. "Asher and I.... Asher and I are dating. We plan to get married within next month." I flat out lied.

"What?" My mother cried out.

"Yes. We love each other. I don't think time or age matters. The only thing matters is the people involved in a relationship. Asher is an amazing man. He can keep me happy." I said. It was important for me to lie. The only reason Ivana bought my parents here is to get the truth out of us. And she wanted every opportunity to keep Asher in Jones Enterprise, meanwhilst, Asher wanted to build his own empire without his father. I just couldn't let that go.