Why does history repeat itself?

Chapter four: Why does history repeat itself?

It was ten o'clock at night in England. Not a sound could be heard, not even next doors dog who continuously barked throughout every night. But not tonight. Lucy hissed at herself and wished something or someone would make a noise (apart from her dad) so she could crawl out from under the covers and swipe her book from the floor as she couldn't sleep she had to find something to do without waking up Snape.  

She was determined to read the book the minister for magic gave her. But she had been too busy today, preparing things for the quidditch world cup (even though it was a little while away) and doing odd jobs for her dad. Even trying to get Shona to shut up until she eventually went back home. 

But finally Lucy thought what's life without a risk? She eased herself up into a sitting position then leaned over the bed and carefully picked up her book. She had forgotten the weight of the book and wondered if just one of her hands could lift the book, even if it couldn't she was stuffed because of her other hand supporting her from falling. 

Finally she placed the book on her lap and squinted at the front cover. There was no title. She ran her fingers over the front cover and even the back cover to see if there were any raised letters like sometimes books do but there were none. 

Lucy cautiously opened the book and muttered some stupid comment to herself because she obviously couldn't read in the dark. She put her clenched fist on her cheek and was shocked at the fact her scar had almost gone. Ever since she had taken that potion it had healed miraculously. 

She shuffled back under the covers and then grabbed her book and light. She switched her light on and smiled. She could read the writing now. But just as she was about to start the first paragraph: 

"Lucy go to sleep" Snape hissed from outside her door 

"I can't!" Lucy hissed back as she tossed her book on the floor then switched her light off as Snape walked in 

"If you don't you're not going to the quidditch match" 

"Well I can't, if I can't, I can't. Unless you knock me out or something which seems like the best way as you're always snapping at me" Lucy growled and shuddered at the real memory where that had actually happened between her and her real father. 

"Tell me why I should do that and I don't mean to snap at you" 

"So you just take your anger out on the first person you see!" Lucy felt as though she was speaking to her real father rather than Snape. 

"Are we really having an argument at this time?" Snape asked as he stepped into the light from the lamppost outside, as it was covering a small patch in Lucy's room. 

"Yes, yes we are" Lucy retorted, "its just because Jessica's gone you're all moody! Take it out on someone else like Kingston! Not me! It's not my fault! I saved you from the bitch!" 

"Jessica...Wasn't...A bitch" Snape shook with anger

"That's nice, you have your opinion I have mine" Lucy sneered as she got out of bed and climbed out of the window and sat on the roof 

"Lucy Snape! Come back down here at once!" Snape hissed 

But Lucy didn't reply. She just stared into the distance and watched one of the lampposts flickered. But Snape had had it, he carefully eased himself out of the window and grabbed Lucy. He put his hand over her mouth so she wouldn't wake up the neighbours who would surely come round and knock on his door then start complaining when they made a hec a lot of noise their selves.

"Let go of me!" Lucy said in a high pitched voice but it was muffled by Snape's hand

"You're disobeying me" Snape hissed in her ear causing her to shiver. Lucy wasn't scared...She was terrified.

"Let go of me!" Lucy pleaded her voice still muffled  

"Well you stop criticising me!, You never listen to me and you disobey me! You stop questi - " Snape stopped in mid sentence as he realised that Lucy was crying, he let go of her and let her stagger away from him. She placed her hand on the wall, trying to support herself.  

"Why does h-history repeat i-itself" she sobbed clutching her chest 

"Lucy, I - " Snape began 

"No, just leave it. Leave it..." And Lucy walked towards the door but before she left she turned her head slightly and said, "and I call you my dad"