Something old, something new, Zuc's invading minds and who are you?

Chapter 34: Something old, something new, Zuc's invading minds and who are you? 

Meanwhile, underwater, Lucy was continuing to battle the sea creatures that desperately wanted to kill her. She couldn't get rid of them, her wand was at the bottom of the black lake and she couldn't swim down to get it because the monsters had a too tight grip on her. 

She tried to get rid of them as the voice of Lord Zuc circled her head, she wasn't going mad...No, this was real. This was not her imagination. She wasn't going to survive, soon the charm she was using would wear off and she would be left to die, her last memory being Lord Zuc's words and the monsters trying to kill her.

'Lucy,' a male's voice said and Lucy could of sworn it was Lord Zuc's voice and was about to try and scream underwater again when she opened her eyes and saw Snape there. He had cast a charm on himself too and had now taken out his wand and was getting rid of the monsters for her. One by one they sunk down to the bottom of the black lake and Lucy gulped as she realised that could have been her.

'Thank you so much, dad,' Lucy thought and knew that Snape would of heard it through his mind. She kept herself afloat then turned back to Snape. 'I need to save Fred, and I also need to get my wand. I dropped it while those monsters were attacking me.' 

'I'll get your wand but I can't get Mr. Weasley, that's your job to get him. I'm afraid that would eliminate you from the competition.' 

'Be my guest, that's what I want.' 

'Why don't you prove me that you can get him? Come on, then we can get this over with.' 

'OK, lets go.' 

The two of them began to venture back down deeper into the black lake and Lucy found Fred there along with another person...

It was Anastasia.

'Dad! Anastasia wasn't there before!' Lucy said and Snape turned to her. 

'How did she get there?' 

'I don't know! But I still have to rescue her!' 

'You get Mr Weasley and Miss Garcia, I'll go find your wand.' 

Lucy nodded and Snape saw the light of Lucy's wand on the floor and dived down to get it while Lucy swam down to find the lock that held Fred to see floor. She waited for Snape as he found her wand and when he passed it to her she opened the lock and Fred was free, she grabbed him before he could drift away in the current of the sea. She then found and opened the lock that held Anastasia to the sea floor and grabbed her too.

The two of them swam up to the surface while Lucy struggled to hold onto both Anastasia and Fred, despite the fact that Snape wanted to help her he knew he couldn't as Lucy had to complete the second task by saving both of her friends. This was not her duty. 

They weren't far from the surface now, it was just a bit further. But just when they thought they were safe a creature that had tried to attack Lucy earlier came back and dragged her down. Lucy tried to scream but couldn't. She let go of Fred and Anastasia and gently pushed them upwards so they would be able to reach the surface and swim to safety. Hopefully the enchantment would break when they reached the surface.

'You will not win, Lucy Snape, neither will your father. He won't be here to save you any longer. You're finished.' 

The voice of Lord Zuc echoed around her head as she desperately tried to flick the creature off of her but it's claws had sunk into her side and were not going to let go any time soon, her enchantment was wearing off and the creature was preventing her from using her wand. She wasn't going to survive, she knew it. No matter how hard she tried. And she didn't know if Snape could save her either. At least her friends were safe, that was all that was important. She just wished that her dad would leave and save himself.