Igor Karkaroff

Chapter eleven: Igor Karkaroff 

As the news of anyone over seventeen could place their name into the goblet of fire had spread around the school almost all of the students in seventh year were putting there name in. But today was the last day of putting their names in and a small group of the younger years had sat down in the great hall to watch everyone to put their names in (it was either here or standing out in the rain.)

Lucy was sat at the front on one of the benches that had been placed down and was sitting next to Shona who was having fun with some wet start fireworks and set one off whenever a seventh year placed their name in.

"Has Cedric come yet?" Lucy asked in fear that she had missed him 

"Not yet but he's going to come any minute" Shona muttered as yet another seventh year put their name in the goblet of fire causing Shona to set off a firework then applaud, "And here he comes..." 

Cedric ran into the great hall and everyone cheered, his hair was dripping wet from running around in the rain with some friends. He beamed at the goblet of fire then placed his piece of paper in the goblet. Lucy stood up and clapped frantically as Cedric walked over to her. 

"Cedric!, Oh Cedric! I wish you the best of luck!" Lucy squealed at him, Shona raised an eyebrow by Cedric didn't advance back at all 

"Thank you, Lucy, I'm glad that you're a fan of me but really I think it should be the other way round" Cedric laughed, Shona had to tug on Lucy's ankle to prevent her from diving at Cedric because Fred had just run in, with George, cheering madly. 

"I'll see you later" Cedric whispered, "don't forget that next week we'll study in the library" 

Cedric walked off causing Lucy to grin uncontrollably but then Fred walked over to her thinking that grin was all for him. 

"Alright, Lucky? Like my little entrance?" Fred asked pulling Lucy into a hug 

"Huh? - Oh yes! I-It was very g-good!" She half stuttered half shivered as Fred had been running in the rain causing his damp clothes to make her shiver. 

"Cold are we?" 

"Just a little bit" 

"You watch this" Fred smiled, he let go of her then and stood up behind her with George. 

"Ready, Fred?" George asked 

"Ready, George!" Fred declared, they both drank the little potion and stepped in front of the goblet fire just outside the age line. 

"He wouldn't - " Lucy gasped 

"He would!" Shona grinned getting ready to set off another firework

The twins jumped over the age line and braced themselves but nothing happend. They put their names in the goblet together and waited again. But nothing happened. The two exchanged high fives but then the goblet spurted out flames and sent them both flying out of the age line. Shona paused in mid setting off a firework and stood up just like Lucy to see, what was, two red headed twins which were now two old men with white hair and beards. 

"You said - " Fred growled 

"No you said!" George yelled and the two got into a fight 

"FIGHT!" Shona screamed and made everyone cheer it. 

After a little while the two stopped fighting, Fred got up and brushed himself and walked over to Lucy. Fred tried to smile through his new facial hair. 

"They do say that facial hair is supposed to impress the ladies" Fred beamed at her but she just raised an eyebrow. 

"And this was what I was supposed to be watching; my boyfriend turning into an eighty year old man rather than a seventeen year old"